As a Senior Data Scientist at Albert Heijn, you are part of the ambitious Data Science team within our Strategy & Analytics department. We work closely together with Digital, Commerce and Operations as well as outside our department with Store, Commerce eCommerce, and Supply Chain. You will play a crucial role in the strategy and impact with our data.
Next to that, you will be leading our biggest projects on high impact use cases such as dynamic markdown, promo forecasting and the recommendations for the offline and online world of Albert Heijn. Together with the team of data engineers, business stakeholders and IT, you will improve numerous processes and the experiences of millions of customers every single day.
Our team of +/- 25 data scientists and data engineers are thrilled to get to work with the abundant amount of Albert Heijn data. Our data scientists and engineers have different backgrounds and nationalities, which we believe is important. We are passionate, enthusiastic, and we don’t mind getting our hands dirty, but most importantly: we will never stop evolving and learning.
As Senior Data Scientist at AH Technology you:
- Have a leading role in building models and algorithms specifically for our use cases
- Code, test and put our algorithms into production
- Use your experience and knowledge to mature our Data Science team and perfect our agile way of working
- Coach and mentor your colleagues
- Help shape thought leadership throughout Albert Heijn on AI/ML opportunities
- Forecast, classify and make recommendations to get the most out of our data
- Work in multidisciplinary product teams and closely to our business stakeholders
Your new office
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you will be part of AH Technology, a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech. You can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. At AH Technology, our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, tech and digital to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food Tech company.
Are you curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with highly qualified professionals in an open environment. Expertise is valued, we learn from each other, and we have the freedom to create innovative solutions and make a real impact. As a Senior Data Scientist, you are part of the Strategy & Analytics department. Your colleagues will be other engineers and scientists, with a background in AI, Computer Engineering, Econometrics, Psychology, as well as other data-savvy people. Together with them, you play an essential role in creating impact through advanced data analysis. Next to this, other Albert Heijn departments, our shops, supply chain, and real estate play a key role as your stakeholders.
Normally, AH Technology employees work from our bustling head office in Zaandam. However, due to the current situation, all employees are working from home. We hope to be able to return to Zaandam together soon.
For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
What do we offer?
At AH Technology, we aim to grow, and that’s only possible if you grow with us. That’s why you get access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career. As we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 5.3%
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam
- 20 vacation days
- A budget choice in which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days (+12,5 days), discounts or pay-outs
- Courses from our Albert Heijn Data Academy
- A bonus on top of your salary
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies
- A laptop and telephone
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year
- Regularly fun promotions and delicious tastings with free products
At AH Technology, you'll be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:
- Master in Data Science, Econometrics, Computer Science or other relevant studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience and interest.
- At least 5 years of experience as Data Scientist
- A desire to coach and educate your colleagues and the ability to explain complex matter in an easy and enthusiastic way to business stakeholders
- Advanced experience in Python or other programming language
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Databricks and visualization tools are a big plus
- You are based in The Netherlands
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop onboard and join us on our expedition. Apply now via the button on this page.
We ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for Albert Heijn?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position and what kind of technical skills do you bring with you for this role?
- What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?
- Last but not least: what are your salary expectations?
Want to learn more first, before you apply to AH Technology? Maureen Ensink, Talent Acquisition Partner Data Science & Analytics is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via firstname.lastname@example.org
Side note: we are also looking for Senior Data Engineers. Interested? Via this link you will find more information: https://werk.ah.nl/vacatures/senior-data-engineer-zaandam-857715/