Your new job and office
Join AH Technology: Reinventing Food Retail every day.
Like Google, Sonos and Philips, we have adopted Flutter. Make impact by showing us how we can exploit this new tech for our strategic mobile solutions!
Being a Senior Flutter Developer for the AH Customer Technology domain, means you are responsible for the technical architecture and development of Albert Heijn’s FoodFirst Lifestyle coach app. This app makes working towards a better and healthier lifestyle much more fun and easier. And you are going to make it even better!
As a passionate Flutter Developer you will participate in the initiation of new cool initiatives using Google’s UI Toolkit Flutter. You will participate in creating a clean mobile target architecture and adopt this target architecture when refactoring code or developing new features. You will participate in standups and refinements, write code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, write unit-, widget- and integration tests and manage deployments. As a subject matter expert you will be consulted and give you valued opinion on capabilities or development priorities. You will be the teams’ expert in Flutter and your efforts help the team deliver extremely good performance. More specifically, as an experienced Flutter Developer for FoodFirst we expect you to:
- Work independently and use creative minde to come up with new Flutter solutions;
- Write unit-, widget- and integration tests to validate these solutions;
- Contribute to optimize processes and the continuous improvement of our product(s);
- Understand what new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language or new features in the SDK can help improve the product;
- Work closely with the other Developers, Testers and the Product Owner.
Your new office
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team you are part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech. To further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate.
You will work in our Marketing & Inspire department within the AH Customer Technology platform. Our new Marketing & Inspire department counts approximately 50 employees, working in different teams of 7 team members, mostly DevOps Engineers and Product Owners. Your team is called The Food First team and counts 9 Developers, 2 Testers and a Product Owner. However, our mobile development community counts more than thirty five Mobile Developers, mostly experts in iOS and or Android development.
Are you going to help us to continue to build a successful IT organization? For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue to monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam. There you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place through video calls.
What do we offer?
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. And as we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- a competitive annual gross salary up to € 85.000 ;
- a bonus on top of your salary;
- 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
- flexible working hours;
- an excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%;
- a travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam;
- attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year;
- a laptop and telephone.
At AH Technology you'll be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new Flutter Developer you bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering Bachelor certificate or Master degree is preferred;
- Strong experience as Developer of mobile apps, in native iOS/Android is a must. Also proven experience with Flutter and Dart is a requirement;
- Excellent git/Github skills are an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience on SOLID principles, clean architecture and unit/widget and integration testing;
- Outstanding command of English and Dutch (Dutch is a major advantage);
- A highly communicative personality with the ability to motivate and inspire people;
- A natural affinity for stakeholder management.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to AH Technology? Micha Lekawael, Talent Acquisition Partner, can tell you all about this vacancy: call +31(0)6 535258497 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org