Your new job and office
Senior front-end developer (React)
Working as a Front-end developer for AH technology means you can take the lead in building state-of-the-art web and mobile applications creating an impact on millions of our customers.
Your new job
As a senior front-end developer, you are technically co-responsible for the work of the ComGenius product team. The team develops and supports a state-of-the-art software product integrating outcomes from data science and analytics teams into a user-friendly web application that is used by our commercial employees daily. Multiple users at the beating heart of Albert Heijn use this tool as the single source of truth for all their insights and receive proactive notifications to support their decisions daily with regards to assortment, price, promotions, and more. Next to providing technical leadership, you will also do hands-on work together with other experts in the team to develop our technology. These experts range from senior front-end engineers, back-end engineers, data engineers, and data scientists and analysts. You will report directly to the tech lead and head of the tech.
More specifically you will:
- Build code, implement, and execute automated testing, ensure security, and code quality, contribute to best practices and deployments
- Understand what new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language or new features in the application can help improve the product
- Ensure this is done using the most efficient tools and techniques
- Add value with your expertise and contribute initiatives for the team and the broader AH Retail Technology Platform
- Be a valued team member, that contributes and removes obstacles
- Work closely with the Tech Lead, Head of Tech, Platform Architect, Product Owner and our development community
Your new office and colleagues
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. You will work in the ComGenius Tech team with several other colleagues, which operates within the Retail Technology platform. This department can be considered the engine room of AH, consisting of 27 teams developing and supporting AH’s Merchandise, Finance, Stores, Supply Chain and Support disciplines
What do we offer?
This is what we can offer
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive annual gross salary up to 85k euro and a bonus on top of your salary;
- 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum - AH Tech Academy;
- An excellent pension plan;
- A travel allowance for travelling to and from Zaandam;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of 300 per year;
- A company laptop and telephone.
Is this you?
- Strong experience as a developer in a front-end role
- An expert with React.js
- Passioned about tech building products
- Excellent communication skills, open, transparent and motivated to continuously help the team grow
- A Technology/IT Engineering master s or bachelor s degree or equivalent experience
Bonus points for:
- Experience creating and maintaining component libraries
- Experience with Node.js or similar, REST/GraphQL APIs and CI/CD
- Experience with Azure, or any other cloud provider
- Experience in the field of Retail Tech
- An outstanding command of English and Dutch
How to apply
We look forward to teaming up with you virtually or via our vibrant HQ. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Our Talent Acquisition Partner Sanne Peijen will gladly talk you through the position via: firstname.lastname@example.org.