Your new job and office
Unlike many other companies, Internal Audit at Ahold Delhaize is future-oriented and has a strong focus on strategy. Within several business processes (such as marketing, commerce, logistics, real estate, supply chain, IT) you will investigate if the operational processes support the strategic objectives. You audit from a business perspective and act as a trusted advisor for your stakeholders, while remaining objective in your assessment of the control framework. Based on your observations, you provide tailor-made recommendations for improvement.
Does the above appeal to your imagination and are you already living in the Netherlands? Then this could be the next job for you.
Please note that we are looking for a Senior Auditor who is willing to perform both operational and some IT audits. Also, we are currently looking for people who live in the Netherlands. Due to the Covid-19 situation we are only hiring locally. If this changes again, we are of course open for candidates from other countries.
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week. We have enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
Working as a Senior IT Internal Auditor at Ahold Delhaize:
In your role as Senior IT Auditor you will have a unique opportunity to see and understand many different areas of our company. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team with different backgrounds (audit and non-audit) and have the opportunity to not only perform IT audits, but also perform operational audits. Together with the team you are responsible for analysing and assessing risk management within a business unit. Subsequently, you share the observations with management in order to define next steps together. Every audit is unique, as you will work on different topics within different European brands and changing audit teams.
What do we offer?
- Competitive gross salary with a max of € 6,222.67.- (on a full time basis per month);
- A great work-life balance;
- A challenging role within a multidisciplinary team in a very dynamic environment;
- The opportunity to build further competencies and develop your personal networks; and
- Future career opportunities within international retail environment (inside or outside the internal audit department).
Besides good primary employment benefits, we also offer great secondary benefits such as:
- A so called "Keuzebudget", where you have the choice of taking extra holiday hours, use this to co-finance a brand new bicycle, co-finance a fitness subscription or withdraw this amount in net cash;
- Nice bonus in the form of profit sharing; and
- Grocery discount at Albert Heijn.
A highly motivated candidate who has strong analytical skills and is a role model by heart. You’re pragmatic and know how to get things done. You fully understand and take into account the business needs to provide meaningful recommendations.
Also you meet the following requirements. You have:
- a masters’ degree. Any complementary certifications are a plus.
- a minimum of 3 - 5 years of working experience (audit and non-audit related). Experience at a Big Four company is a plus, but not required. It helps if you understand a large and complex organisational structure.
- experience in or a clear passion for retail.
- the ability to communicate fluent in English. Ability to speak Dutch, French, Greek, Serbian, or Romanian is a plus.
- the willingness to travel, including international of 20-30%.
As a person, you have:
- strong analytical skills, broad interests and intrinsic curiosity;
- strong written and oral communication skills;
- the ability to establish and maintain relationships; and
- the ability to be independent, decisive and a self-supporting team player.
Seeing is believing. That is a fact for our local stores, but certainly also for our head office in Zaandam, the Netherlands. Perhaps Ahold Delhaize is your new workplace where you as Senior IT Auditor be part of a great and dynamic Internal Audit team.
Application process explained
In order to apply for this role, we request an updated resume (preferably in pdf). In addition, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- What draw you to apply for the position of Senior IT Auditor at Ahold Delhaize?
- What experience (if any) in or knowledge of Operational Audits do you already have;
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position? Please indicate one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Partner can tell you a lot more about this position via firstname.lastname@example.org Please don’t apply via this email address, but apply via the button on the website.
Note for recruitment agencies:
We appreciate your enthusiasm and think it’s great you noticed this vacancy ánd have the perfect fitted candidate for the job. We believe we can find this perfect candidate as well and have proven to be very successful in the past. Therefore, we only approach agencies ourselves and only with which we have a good understanding.