Your new job and office
Join a front-runner in retail technology to work on our largest deals for both the Netherlands and for our global brands
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (54m weekly customers, 410k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business quickly but responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, supporting local communities, and helping customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills. But most of all, it requires us to be there for the people and communities we serve. #daretocare
Dive wholeheartedly into these key responsibilities
- manage and balance needs between quality, cost, service, and innovation - responsible for achieving annual target cost reduction and avoidance savings
- manage a significant portfolio of technology sourcing and contract negotiation opportunities across multiple technologies, digital, and business-enabling related categories
- proactively identify and execute savings and innovation opportunities for business/technology stakeholders
- lead sourcing initiatives end to end, including but not limited to:
- RFx, benchmarking; performing supplier market research, and developing category strategies.
- liaise with internal stakeholders, building and adeptly maintaining complex (at times, challenging) relationships - particularly with senior / mid-senior leaders e.g., RCIOs, E/S/VPs, and Directors
- lead vendor contract negotiations, including commercial/pricing and contract terms & conditions
- perform vendor assessments
- expertly navigate Technology Sourcing’s role as the central hub of the technology procurement and contracting process, including
- maintain strong relationships and smooth handoffs with control and support teams such as finance, vendor management, information security, legal team members, etc
- support the Director & VP in developing a robust, professional, and forward-thinking technology sourcing organization
- stay current with both business and technology and identify potential future partners.
As Senior Sourcing Manager Technology, you are part of global technology sourcing team based in the Netherlands. One day you work on deals including everything connected to our network in stores (POS systems, scanners, servers) and network services. The next day you might find yourself working on a contract with a web development shop for Albert Heijn or on a deal with one of our cloud infrastructure partners. On a global level, we may include you in negotiations with Microsoft for our office applications. Diversity guaranteed!
You will join a team that is relatively early on the maturity curve, meaning opportunities abound for career growth into people leadership and new roles and functions. You report to the EU Technology Sourcing Director, who reports to our global VP. In addition, you work with colleagues from our local brands, finance, vendor management, information security, legal, etc.
What do we offer?
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 410,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels. What that translates to in this role?
- A competitive annual salary, an attractive bonus, and a first-rate pension plan.
- 32.5 vacation days, to enjoy your well-deserved holidays
- Flexible working hours, the option to work from home (yes, post-pandemic as well) or to choose a hybrid mix
- A powerful laptop and a smartphone, travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale.
- Combine a bachelor/master’s degree, or equivalent experience, with 8-10+ years of relevant work experience as a procurement lead in technology, covering large global contracts. Retail experience is considered a plus.
- A world-class strategic negotiator with excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to conduct professional presentations and tell stories, including the ability to process complex input to create cogent arguments and simple messages
- Bring solid project management, planning & organization skills to the table – a must because you will need to go beyond negotiating. You are the centerpiece of coordination between all parties involved.
- Excellent conceptual skills and autonomy, including stakeholder management experience. You thrive in a large, matrixed, and diverse organization, bridging the gap between our global and local sourcing needs.
- Ability to lead and influence peers, typically without official authority or mandate
- You have excellent English language skills; Dutch is considered a plus.
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Virtually for now, but (hopefully) soon at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam station. For questions you can contact Aladar Horsky at firstname.lastname@example.org