Your new job and office
Unlike many other companies, Internal Audit at Ahold Delhaize is future-oriented and has a strong focus on strategy. Within several business processes (such as marketing, commerce, logistics, real estate, supply chain, IT) you will investigate if the operational processes support the strategic objectives. You will provide assurance over information technology, digital and data management related processes and projects at Ahold Delhaize to further improve our secure customer journey and proposition. You audit from a business perspective with a focus on information technology and act as a trusted advisor for your stakeholders, while remaining objective in your assessment of the control framework. Based on your observations, you provide tailor-made recommendations for improvement.
Does the above appeal to your imagination and are you already living in the Netherlands? Then this could be the next job for you.
Please note that we are currently looking for people who live in the Netherlands. Due to the Covid-19 situation we are only hiring locally. If this changes again, we are of course open for candidates from other countries.
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week. We have enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth. We improve and innovate every day, supporting our trusted local brands and reinforcing our role as a leader in retail and e-commerce.
Working as a Senior Specialist IT Auditor at Ahold Delhaize:
In your role as Senior Specialist IT Auditor you will have a unique opportunity to see and understand many different areas of our company, including the latest digital and technology related developments and projects (e.g., Cloud Transformation, DevSecOps, Automation, Data lakes). You will be part of a multidisciplinary team with different backgrounds (audit and non-audit) and have the opportunity to not only perform IT audits, but also perform operational audits. Together with the team you are responsible for analyzing and assessing risk management within a business unit. Subsequently, you share the observations with management in order to define next steps together. Every audit is unique, as you will work on different topics within different European brands and changing audit teams.
To support Ahold Delhaize in their digital journey, Internal audit is currently developing a team with digital knowledge and capabilities and we are implementing a more data driven and technology enabled audit life cycle. We are looking for a Senior Specialist IT auditor who can support us and Ahold Delhaize in this digital transformation.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
What do we offer?
At Ahold Delhaize we aim to grown, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. And as we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week);
- A competitive gross monthly salary up to € 6.123,
- Access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career.
- 20 vacation days, and Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12,5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out.
- Flexible working hours.
- A laptop and telephone.
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam.
- A bonus on top of your salary.
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year.
- A challenging role within a multidisciplinary team in a very dynamic environment, where you will be involved in the latest digital and technology related developments and projects;
- The opportunity to build further competencies and develop your personal networks; and
- Future career opportunities within an international retail environment (inside or outside the internal audit department).
A highly motivated candidate who has strong analytical skills and is a role model by heart. You’re pragmatic and know how to get things done. You fully understand and take into account the business needs to provide meaningful recommendations.
Also you meet the following requirements. You have:
- A master’s degree in computer science / information technology and at least one of the following certifications: CISSP / AZ-500 / OSCP / GPEN;
- A minimum of 4-8 years of working or consulting experience in the following areas: information security, cloud security, agile software development (DevSecOps);
- Experience at a Big Four company is a plus, but not required. It helps if you understand a large and complex organizational structure.
- Experience in or a clear passion for retail;
- The ability to communicate fluent in English (and one of the following: French, Dutch, Greek, Serbian, Czech or Romanian) and the willingness to travel, including international travel (up to 20-30% of the time).
As a person, you have:
- strong analytical skills, broad interests and intrinsic curiosity;
- strong written and oral communication skills;
- the ability to establish and maintain relationships; and
- the ability to be independent, decisive and a self-supporting team player
Seeing is believing. That is a fact for our local stores, but certainly also for our head office in Zaandam, the Netherlands. Perhaps Ahold Delhaize is your new workplace where you as Senior Specialist IT Auditor be part of a great and dynamic Internal Audit team.
Application process explained
In order to apply for this role, we request an updated resume (preferably in pdf). In addition, we would like to ask you not to send a motivation letter and to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- What draw you to apply for the position of Senior Specialist IT Auditor at Ahold Delhaize?
- What experience with information technology (developing, consulting or auditing) do you already have;
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position? Please indicate one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Jennifer van der Vlugt, Talent Acquisition Partner, can tell you a lot more about this position via firstname.lastname@example.org