Plot the course for the enhancement of our business applications on a large and global scale!
In this role, you are responsible for the long-term roadmap and the first selection of global business applications, serving many local and global needs across all of our brands and regions. You will be working with various IT partners and stakeholders, where you will manage the process of defining the complex heterogeneous systems they need to deliver. As part of a core project team, you will get to do so to bridge the gap between IT and the business.
This job is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to advance their career within a large and complex organization while learning from senior peers. It is a generalist role that will give you a taste of the many aspects involved in large IT application projects and programs - with the chance to specialize in any of these areas over the years to come. Or, of course, to become a Senior Global Solution Architect within Ahold Delhaize.
As a Solution Architect, make an impact at Ahold Delhaize by creating the project start architectures and solution blueprint, which includes the following:
- high-level process flow diagrams and information analyses
- the application and integration architecture and their components
- the technical design of the elements/components involved
- non-functional requirements (i.e., performance, security, scalability, availability)
- articulate and compare architectural options with pro’s and con’s
- align with the support organizations on governance models and implementation plans
- a deployment strategy including data migration, data conversion, and initial load strategy
- the dependencies between projects, both within the program and outside
- being in the lead for RFP’s
Your new office
Working as a Solution Architect, you work with around 370,000 colleagues worldwide, serving more than 50 million customers per week. On a slightly smaller scale, you work with 1,500 colleagues from the Netherlands, and approximately 150 within GSO (Global Support Office) IT. By leading together and innovating every day, we strengthen our pioneering role. And this way, we build trusted local brands.
You will find your new workplace at our vibrant head office, right next to the Zaandam station. On the 6th floor within the GSO, to be precise. GSO sets global strategic frameworks, facilitates the sharing of best practices, and encourages economies of scale for the entire organization.
What do we offer?
At Ahold Delhaize, we want to grow. That is only possible if you grow with us. That is why you can go in all directions with us career-wise and in your personal development. While we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on:
- A permanent contract and a gross base salary up to €60k.
- an attractive bonus scheme on top of your salary.
- an excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 5.3%.
- 25.5 vacation days, extendible to 45 days.
- a personal budget, which you can decide to spend on extra vacation days, discounts, or pay-outs.
- discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year.
- the possibility to attend training courses.
- discounts on various insurance policies.
- a laptop and telephone.
For this role, we are looking for someone with growth potential and ambition. Although we will not ask from you that you have been through multiple systems development life cycles, we would prefer if you have been involved in an SAP HANA implementation, since that will be your first focus when you join us. In terms of soft skills, you should bring exceptional analytical, stakeholder management, project management, and collaboration skills. You complete this with:
- Master’s degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with managing complex re-platforming projects
- experience working in a matrixed and internationally dispersed environment
- full proficiency in Dutch and English
- knowledge of SAP HANA preferred
Seeing is experiencing, which applies to both our stores and our head office in Zaandam. Perhaps your new workplace, where you, as a Junior Solution Architect, influence the most famous retail brands. Apply now! Also, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for the GSO?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position?
- Please indicate one of your strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
Want to know more before you apply for our role at Ahold Delhaize? Wouter Lipsius, Talent Acquisition Specialist, is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via email@example.com.