Your new job and office
Head office Ahold Delhaize, Zaandam
As Specialist A&R Consolidation & Database you are part of the team that handles a timely and accurate consolidation of financial and non-financial data. In this role you focus on ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) data collection, review, and analysis to help meet our companies ESG ambitions. Within our ESG reporting we measure and report on many items of which our strategic drivers like healthy product sales, food waste, plastic packaging, and CO2 emissions reduction.
Your focus area will be to run the ESG close process at the A&R Consolidation department and you play an important role to translate new business requirements into smart solutions. Besides your role as ESG specialist you will also assist in the financial close process. Although the knowledge area has a strong focus on ESG reporting, the skill set desired is a comprehension of databases and their technical aspects, data analytical skills as well as a good understanding of managerial reporting.
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (54m weekly customers, 410k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of 19 local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, support local communities, and help customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills.
We operate in a rapidly changing and highly competitive industry. We have a strong balance sheet with attractive returns to shareholders and a strong free cash flow generation with disciplined capital allocation.
• Run the ESG close process, responsible for the preparation and execution of the closing process within the A&R Consolidation team.
• Review and analysis of the groups ESG consolidated results
• Assist in executing the application maintenance and translating new business or ESG requirements into smart and scalable solutions.
• Point of contact for several reporting entities / countries, primarily to answer questions on proper reporting input as well as solicit answers on review comments.
• Assist in financial close, which includes actual, budget, long term plan and forecast consolidations.
Consolidation & Database plays a key role in supporting Ahold Delhaize’s reporting processes and is responsible for the first review and consolidation of financial and non-financial data. The department maintains the consolidation applications and databases utilized to meet Ahold Delhaize’s internal and external reporting requirements.
What do we offer?
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 410,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. What that translates to in this role?
• A gross annual salary between € 50.000,- and € 63.000,- (based on fulltime, including holidaypay, depending on experience).
• A bonus.
• The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: coaching programs, plenty of growth opportunities and attractive, cross-brand career options
• Lots of ‘me time’: how does 45 vacation days (25.5 regular and 19.5 ADV days) sound? Relax and charge yourself up!
• Flexible working hours, the freedom to partially work from home (in NL).
• A laptop and a smartphone.
• Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries.
• The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable food matters – on a truly global scale.
We welcome caring colleagues who
- Combine a Bachelor or Master degree in Finance/ Business/ Economics with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience (dealt with reporting, analysis, and/or Finance)
- Bring a critical and analytical mindset, with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Are fluent in English, both written and oral.
- Understand and apply knowledge to complex projects and processes.
- Work well within a team, have integrity and humor and are hands-on.
- Basic knowledge of Oracle Hyperion Financial Management is a plus.
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Interested? Please apply online with an updated resume and motivation letter. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Tess van der Poel, Talent Acquisition Partner, will gladly talk you through the position at email@example.com.
For this role we are not looking to relocate candidates. We therefore ask you to only apply if you already live in the Netherlands.