For our Global Support Office (GSO) in Zaandam, we are looking for a Specialist Sustainable Retailing, who is driven and passionate about sustainability and translating data to analysis. Our ideal candidate is looking for a role that provides a combination of finance focused and sustainability policies.
As Specialist Engagement & Reporting you are responsible for the following:
- Managing all processes to accurately track and report performance against Ahold Delhaize’s key Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) benchmarks and Sustainable Retailing targets and metrics;
- Manage reporting to ESG ratings/benchmarks, analysis of results, and recommending actions to improve performance;
- Work closely with relevant departments within GSO to create reporting procedures documentation, annual engagements with external auditors and supports all brands and relevant GSO functions;
- Ensure reporting is done on time, in a credible and accurate way to enable clear performance tracking for the Ahold Delhaize Executive Committee and Supervisory Board, and to external stakeholders (such as shareholders);
- In addition, you are responsible for recommending annual data quality improvements and evolution of the Ahold Delhaize Annual Report to stay up to date with changing expectations of integrated reporting on non-financial and financial performance.
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest food retail groups, a leader in supermarkets and e-commerce and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves more than 50 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. Each brand shares a passion for delivering great food, value and innovations, and for creating inclusive workplaces that provide rewarding professional opportunities.
What do we offer?
- Working in an international and diverse and purpose driven team, with travel abroad (estimated 1 or 2 times a year);
- Work with a lot of different department and learn from colleagues with different backgrounds;
- Working in an international and diverse environment of the Ahold Delhaize Global Support Office and the local Brands;
- A great salary package (gross € 3,305.- - € 6,153.- a month on a fulltime basis);
- Nice bonus in the form of profit sharing; and
- Grocery discount at Albert Heijn.
- A bachelor or master’s degree in a related field (preferably in Data science, Analytics, Finance or Sustainability);
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience. Experience working in sustainability and ESG performance reportings, ideally internationally;
- Strong passion for sustainability and demonstrated interest in driving societal impacts through more sustainable business practices;
- Fluent in English. A language proficiency in Dutch and other languages relevant for the group’s operating area are a plus;
As a person, you have the following key competences:
- The ability to coordinate across cross-functional, multi-cultural teams to deliver a project. In this line of work you are able to find your way in a non-hierarchical network of colleagues;
- You are an independent self-starter, well-organized in project management, high attention to detail and looking for opportunities for continuous improvement;
- You are strongly committed to transparency on reporting.
Seeing is believing. That is a fact for our local stores, but certainly also for our head office in Zaandam, the Netherlands. Perhaps Ahold Delhaize is your new workplace where you as Specialist Engagement & Reporting be part of a great and dynamic international team. Apply now with resume and cover letter.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Specialist can tell you a lot more about this position via firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is being posted both internally and externally at the same time. We aim to plan in first interviews in the first week of December and second interviews in the second/third week. We would like to ask you to be a little bit flexible in this.
Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.