The world of "shopping" is changing dramatically and quickly. Customers are definitively at the wheel. Offline and online markets are becoming increasingly intertwined and technology offers unprecedented opportunities. In this world, where "traditional" retail no longer exists, Albert Heijn is an experienced player and market leader in online shopping.
Albert Heijn Digital Development continuously contributes to innovating, improving, facilitating and speeding up the online shopping process. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to help customers predict their shopping basket, we increasingly integrate the AH environment with IoT solutions, we continuously optimize our AH app and we also add new, seamless payment methods such as Tap to go.
As a food-tech company we obviously work with the latest technologies and fully scrum & agile, but also increasingly with new ways of working such as Design Thinking and Lean Startup. And in addition to AH.nl and the AH App, we also work for Etos.nl, Gall & Gall and Allerhande! Do you have a get-shit-done mentality, a passion for technological innovations and affinity with retail?
Then we are looking for you! Our department is growing fast and has several scrum teams in which you as an SRE Engineer make our website a little better every day. You get a kick from writing and implementing software that improves the stability, scalability, availability and latency of the Digital Development products. We are immediately looking for enthusiastic SRE Engineers who also get excited about Azure, Kubernetes, Kibana, Python and Bash. Engineers with passion for retail, who want to make a difference in the lives of millions of customers!
Your new office
As an SRE Engineer at AH Digital Development you work at and with Ahold Delhaize at the head office in Zaandam. By working together to do better every day and by innovating, we strengthen our role as a leader in retail and e-commerce.
If you choose for AH Digital Development you will work for a company where we continuously innovate and endlessly put new releases live in complex development environments! And this does not go unnoticed because our websites have more than 2 million visitors a week.
As an SRE expert you will work in your own scrum team. Together with your team you contribute to the objectives of AH Digital Development and you never lose sight of customer focus. The working environment is open & informal; There are regular Thursday afternoons or Friday afternoons, table tennis tournaments, game room battles, Hackathons, Code Camps and IT conferences!
What do we offer?
At Albert Heijn Digital Development we want to grow, and this is only possible if you grow with us. That is why we think it is important that you develop yourself. In addition, we offer:
- A career at the fastest growing online supermarket in the Netherlands
- The chance to show your work to the entire country.
- Lots of responsibility and room for own initiatives.
- An informal working environment with a get-things-done mentality
- Excellent working conditions such as holiday pay, a thirteenth month, guaranteed profit sharing, good pension scheme and commuting allowance.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- 10% discount on your Albert Heijn shopping with a golden bonus card.
- Plenty of room for your career and personal development.
As the largest supermarket in the Netherlands, we fill around 5 million plates every day with our 100.000 employees. And if it's up to us, we'll do that together with you as our new SRE Engineer. Especially, if you are accurate and communicative. You also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent level based on experience;
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Cloud;
- Experienced in building and maintaining an infrastructure platform within Azure.
- Experienced in writing and implementing software that improves the stability, scalability, availability and latency of the corporate software development products.
- Experienced in solving problems occurring with our highly available production systems and create solutions and automation tools to prevent them from happening again.
- Knowledge of building effective systems to monitor the health of our system and reduce outages.
- Understanding how build systems for SLO, SLI and error budget together with the teams.
- Understanding how to build and improve the CI/CD platform.
- Understanding how to produce tools to assist the product development DevOps teams.
- Experience in sharing the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for infrastructure incidents.
- Understanding how to educate and work close with other teams and business on SRE topics.
- You are hands on.
- You are a king in Mario kart, foosball or table tennis
In addition, it is an advantage if you have knowledge of, or experience with:
Kubernetes and Docker, Prometheus and Grafana, Elasticsearch and Kibana, Microsoft Azure, Conceptual understanding of CI/CD, Jenkins and GitHub (Actions), Terraform and Ansible, Python, bash, Postgres, MongoDB and Oracle, Kafka, Experimenting with new technology constantly.
Seeing is believing. This is true in our stores, as well as in our head office in Zaandam. It could be your new workplace, where you, as SRE Engineer, have influence over the most renowned retail markets in the Netherlands.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? René Lepp, Talent Acquisition Specialist can tell you a lot more about this position via email@example.com.
Apply via the website only, because we can monitor progress from every candidate.
Please note that Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.