For our Global Support Office at Ahold Delhaize, we are looking for a Sustainable Retailing Reporting Analyst with a passion for, and knowledge of, broad sustainability topics, including product certifications, waste reduction, greenhouse gas emissions measurement, and international ESG reporting frameworks. The location for this role can be located in Zaandam, Brussels or one of our U.S. offices.
The Sustainable Retailing department advises the company on strategy related to health and sustainability, recommends clear goals and measures of success, supports the brands to implement innovative and ambitious action plans, and engages strategic external stakeholders to improve the company’s impact on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues. It is responsible for monitoring trends, measuring and reporting ESG performance to internal leadership and external stakeholders, and benchmarking Ahold Delhaize’s performance against peers.
Your new office
In this context, your focus as Sustainable Retailing (SR) Reporting Analyst is based on measuring progress against strategic initiatives, as well as coordination of Sustainable Retailing (SR) data collection via quarterly reporting cycles and administration of the SR database. The position delivers SR data reports that are complete, accurate, and aligned with the agreed reporting procedures. Additionally, it performs analytical tests to check for data accuracy, and to help GSO and Brand leadership understand performance trends.
You report to the Specialist Sustainable Retailing Engagement & Reporting.
- Quarterly and annual SR performance tracking and reporting;
- Prepare reporting for quarterly internal leadership reviews (brand and GSO executive teams), annual reports, and external data requests (e.g. investor surveys);
- Receive and review data submissions from the reporting entities;
- Prepare consolidated figures, and coordinate the necessary review within the GSO;
- Manage the process of adjustments to reported data, as well as restatements or other historic data changes;
- Keep procedures up-to-date and ensure that procedures are in place and all historical changes are verified, documented, and appropriately communicated;
- Maintain, control and develop the consolidation entity structures, account structures, reports, security, and calculations of the consolidation applications;
- Perform data analysis exercises to help ensure data accuracy and to explain trends;
- Assist brands in developing data analysis tools to ensure data accuracy and explain trends at the brand level.
Based on the SR Database, you will:
- manage the overall functioning of the SR Database to ensure error-free and efficient processing of Sustainable Retailing data, submitted by reporting entities directly to the GSO. The database must effectively meet diverse requirements for quarterly and year-end data submissions. Strict deadlines and continuous improvement targets need to be maintained;
- manage data validations process within the database, particularly for complex validations;
- coordinate with the IT department to perform upgrades and improvements to the database as needed.
As SR Reporting Analyst you provide support and training to end users at the GSO, brands, and other reporting entities of all systems / databases / applications managed by the department to ensure problems are dealt with swiftly and effectively such that the regional and global reporting cycles are not disrupted.
What do we offer?
- An inspiring position in an international work environment;
- Very dynamic and challenging job with various internal and external stakeholders.
At Ahold Delhaize, you’ll be working for one of the biggest retailers in the world. For this vacancy as Sustainable Retailing (SR) Reporting Analyst, you have the following skillset:
- A University degree, preferably in Data science, Analytics, Finance or Sustainability;
- A passion for, and knowledge of, broad sustainability topics, including product certifications, waste reduction, greenhouse gas emissions measurement, and international ESG reporting frameworks;
- 3-5 years relevant experience;
- Strong working knowledge of analytics tools, such as Excel, Tableau, R;
- Fluent in English, language proficiency in Dutch and other languages relevant for the group’s operating area are a plus.
As a person, you bring the following competences with you:
- Communication skills (in English, both written and verbal), cross-cultural flexibility;
- Independent self-starter, well-organized, high attention to detail;
- Looking for opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Strong commitment to transparency on reporting;
- Confidence to question and challenge the status quo, listen to other perspectives, and process feedback;
- Effective collaborator in non-hierarchical network of colleagues;
- Strong team player;
- High integrity and strong alignment to Ahold Delhaize values;
- Works efficiently with strong prioritization and time management skills.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Specialist, can tell you a lot more about this position via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not appreciate any acquisition attempts from recruitment or employment agencies. We do not approve any third party acquisition based on or related to, or commercial use of, this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated.