Your new job and office
Do you want to be the go-to person to discuss architectural questions and solutions regarding our bonus and bonusbox offers in our app and on our website? Do you get fired up by enabling and improving the user-experience of dozens of editors and a million customers every day? Than you might be the right person for this job!
Whether people shop online or go to a physical store, 'Albert Heijn' is a welcome guest in 5 million households. This is a major social responsibility; our aim is to continue to inspire customers to eat healthily, easily, enjoyably and affordably. Rapidly changing customer preferences call for a continuous rethinking of our propositions and positioning. The transition from physical to online shopping driven by Covid-19 is a case in point. Choosing Albert Heijn means choosing a flexible setting, where change is the only constant and everything you do impacts the lives of millions of customers. Are you up to the challenge? Welcome to the omnichannel food retailer.
As a passionate Tech Lead Backend at AH technology, you contribute to the improvement and optimization of the online experience of millions of Albert Heijn customers and will participate in the initiation of new cool initiatives regarding our bonus and bonus box offers in our app and on our website. Using the latest technology, you transform the ever-changing insights in the world of online shopping into code that works. In short, you use your programming skills to develop, test and implement new functionalities, together with your team.
You will lead the teams in creating a vision and target architecture and support the teams to adopt this target architecture when refactoring code or developing new features. You will participate in standups and refinements, write code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, write unit-, widget- and integration tests and manage deployments.
Your efforts help the teams deliver extremely good performance. In more detail, you will be the go-to person to discuss architectural questions and solutions regarding our bonus and bonusbox offers in our app and on our website. You enable and improve the user-experience of dozens of editors and a million customers every day. Further more you:
- Will lead the teams in creating a vision on target architecture;
- Will support the teams to adopt this target architecture when refactoring code or developing new features;
- Understand what new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language or new features in the SDK can help improve the product;
- Are a valued team lead, who facilitates and removes obstacles;
- Is generous with their knowledge and will have a strong input into refinements, POCs and spikes;
- Put the organization in a position to deliver value as quickly as possible;
- Ensure this is done using the most efficient tools and techniques;
- Improve and develop algorithms to make the shopping experience easy and fun for our customers;
- Monitor the applications and services and keep track of performance and stability.
When you choose for AH your work in an environment where we innovate continuously. We release new things from complex development environments. Because we have millions of visitors a week, we might say that this does not pass unnoticed. We develop in scrum and agile methods but we work increasingly in the direction of new ways working like Design Thinking and Lean Startup. We work according to data driven and fact based ways.
The work environment is open and informal. You will work in the new domain within AH Technology: Digital Tech Marketing & Inspire domain within the AH Customer Technology platform. Specifically you will be part of the Bonus & Promotions team. Marketing & Inspire exists of 50 people in diverse teams counting 7 people per team. You’ll be working with Dev/Ops Engineers, Product Owners and Product Managers. For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for a high-impact job
- The perks that come with the job: a competitive salary up to 95K (including bonus), a travel allowance, laptop and smartphone;
- Generous pension scheme (6.2% personal contribution) and discount on (among other things) insurance policies;
- 20 days’ holiday entitlement, plus 12.5 days on a discretionary basis. Take it, exchange it for discounts or have it paid out in full? You choose;
- A setting in which learning from your peers is an everyday reality and your personal and professional development is continuously encouraged;
- An employer that combines the best of both worlds: the opportunities you associate with a corporate plus the autonomy and drive to innovate that characterize scale-ups.
To maximize the customer impact, it is important that you have:
- A Bachelor or Master (University of Applied Sciences) degree in Computer Science, IT or a comparable subject.
- At least 8 years experience as a Backend Developer, Java Developer, Kotlin Developer or Backend DevOps Engineer etc.
- Experience with Java 8 or higher, Services (APIs) and CI/CD.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Public Cloud.
- A getting-things-done mentality.
- An insatiable appetite for new knowledge.
- Strong social- and communication skills: able to present a balanced argument for the pros and cons of different solutions, someone who can make a translation between tech and business in a clear and simple way.
Pioneering in a corporate environment?
You need look no further than your favorite omnichannel neighborhood supermarket. What exactly do we have to offer? What challenges will you need to overcome? And which colleagues will you be doing that with? Micha Lekawael will be pleased to tell you all about the role, the impact and the benefits via email@example.com
Oh, and because of Corona, we currently only serve virtual coffee/tea at our talks.
Applyand discover how you, together with enormously diverse and enormously enthusiastic colleagues, can make a difference to the customer!