Your new job and office
FoodTech is hot! Will you be our new Tech Lead BI & Reporting and lead the design of new or changed solutions and guide these through gates like architecture and security, by documenting, presenting and communicating?
What do we offer?
Albert Heijn Technology
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So, for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring.
In our data platform teams we design, build and operate all the technology that Albert Heijn, Etos, Gall & Gall data product development teams need in order to deliver great Data products to our customers and businesses.
We run our data platform on Azure, and use technologies like ADLS, AKS, Databricks, ADF, EventHub, Synapse, SQLServer, DevOps, BICEPS, Python, Git, ELK and more.
BI & Reporting
Part of the data platform is the BI & Reporting cluster. We provide business and end users self-service environments like PowerBI, Tableau and Alteryx, we help them with data, workspaces, modeling, dashboards, training and workshops. Our user base consist of 20,000 users in 12 departments.
As a Tech lead BI & Reporting in the data platform,
- You will coach the engineers in your team.
- You will leverage your technicality to grow those around you, drive your team’s performance and relentlessly improve the quality of your systems.
- You are a role model who leads from the front.
- You will lead the design of new or changed solutions and guide these through gates like architecture and security, by documenting, presenting and communicating.
- You will guide your team through all aspects of engineering and being hands on (~50%). You will develop and operate critical services.
- You will frequently collaborate with stakeholders in a variety of functions including but not limited to engineering, products, architects.
You will coach and develop the engineers in your team. You will be responsible for timely delivery of new features and with good quality. In addition to this, you will confer with leaders, and key stakeholders determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, scalability and time-to-market for new and existing products.
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing self-service and dashboarding solutions that processed, transformed and visualized data efficiently, secure and performant
- At least 2 years of experience leading a team of engineers in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty as equivalent
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of hands-on developing and shipping software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate with business and translate requirements into concrete user stories, work with team to refine and realize stories.
- Strong to design, document, present, communicate and implement a solution.
- Agile and DevOps mindset and experience in architect role in such environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with complexity of large organizations, not afraid to speak up when sub-optimal choices are made.
- Service and Solution oriented and result driven.
Core technology skills:
- Azure Platform Engineering, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Synapse
- Data engineer, Data modeling, AKS
- PowerBI desktop, PowerBI pro, and PowerBI Premium
- Alteryx designer, Alteryx server, Tableau, Azure security and access management
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive annual gross salary up to € 85,000.-;
- A bonus on top of your salary;
- 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
- Flexible working hours;
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%;
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and smartphone.
Interested? Apply on our website or contact Clifford Haakmeester, Talent Acquisition Business Partner Tech via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.