Your new job and office
As Product Owner for AH you are responsible for building, developing and optimizing the Release, QA and observability topics within the Retail Tech Platform (RTP) of Albert Heijn. You are able to put your innovative ideas to the test as you are going to setup a new team from scratch and help RTP to develop modern DevOps practices. You will be working closely with a variety of stakeholders that range from DevOps Engineers, QA Specialists, Software developers, Product Architects, Product Owners and members of the management team as you’ll have direct responsibility towards a senior group of stakeholders.
Your efforts will help the teams to deliver outstanding results. More specifically you will:
- Develop (technical) roadmaps for the various product teams within the Retail Tech Platform and making sure that these are executed;
- You are able to do financially management for your team;
- Contribute to our release engineering practices in public cloud through clear-cut, modern day release engineering principles and cloud based CI/CD;
- Contribute to bringing operational excellence;
- Bring Quality Assurance within Albert Heijn to a next level leveraging best practices regarding code quality, testing and security;
- Share your expertise and contribute to initiatives in the product cluster and the broader AH Retail Tech Platform;
- Be an advocate of your team towards your group of stakeholders;
- Modernize our innovation and modernization in our most critical practices;
- Develop processes to deliver value as quickly as possible
Your new office and colleagues
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, We’re always there for you, and with more than 1100 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it is more true than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone, and by making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you become part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department-transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech, to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. You will work in the team with several other colleagues, which operates within the Retail Technology platform.
What do we offer?
To become successful as our new Technical Product Owner you bring:
- A Technology/Engineering/IT Business Master or Bachelor degree;
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as Product Owner/Technical Consultant working in a complex (corporate) technological environment and proven track-record on complex projects/jobs;
- Like to work with a large group of senior stakeholders who keep you sharp;
- Be an evangelist on modern software and system engineering practices;
- Broad technical knowledge including public cloud (preferably Azure), Git based solutions, Release/DevOps automation (SaaS based CI/CD, GitOps, etc.) and knowledge how to setup Observability and Monitoring tooling;
- Have good ideas how to setup proper Quality Assurance altogether with an ability to spread these ideas throughout the organization as an advocate;
- Strong communicator in English and Dutch would be a big plus.
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive annual gross salary up to 85k euro and a bonus on top of your salary;
- 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum - AH Tech Academy;
- An excellent pension plan;
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and telephone.
The AH Tech Academy
In 2021 we launched our brand new AH Tech Academy. A learning environment organized by and for our colleagues, together with external training partners. The AH Tech Academy is a platform that supports you in your daily work and learning on a daily basis. It offers a variety of courses and training sessions. Besides, the academy is a platform to share experiences and learn from each other's expertise. You will not only find software development trainings, also Agile courses, time management, presentation training and more. You can get your certifications and visit conferences. We invest time, budget and room for both your personal and professional growth. As we are further developing this platform and adding courses and trainings on the go, you can already enjoy the benefits of this program.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Have questions first, please contact Anouk Reus, Talent Acquisition Partner – Technology will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy and AH Technology through firstname.lastname@example.org