As Treasury Back Office and Controlling Specialist you will report to the Vice President Corporate Finance and Controlling and work closely with both the Treasury Front and Middle offices. The role is key to ensuring a strong control framework within Group Treasury and making sure all key treasury flows are made accurately.
Your key responsibilities are as follows.
Treasury operations controls:
- Manage the validation of treasury transactions in compliance with the treasury policy and escalate control deficiencies or breaches;
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of daily treasury transaction postings;
- Recommend the enhancement of treasury operation controls;
- Manage the portfolio of static data in the treasury management system;
- Maintain and centralize bank account balances;
- Act as project manager for treasury-operation related improvement initiatives.
Treasury reporting support:
- Prepare interest accruals and valuations of derivative financial instruments for the accounting teams;
- Review statutory financial accounts of financing entities for treasury-related matters;
- Support the Front Office with issues in relation to the treasury management system;
- Collaborate with external parties (including banks, auditors and treasury management system providers) for inter alia bank confirmation, audit of treasury operation activities, update of the settlement instructions, deal confirmation and bank compliance requests.
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize is one of world’s largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves over 50 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. In Europe, in most of the countries we are the number 1 or 2 supermarket company, leader in specialty stores such as Albert Heijn and Delhaize, and in the Netherlands, we own the leading e-commerce company, Bol.com.
Each brand shares a passion for delivering great food, value and innovations, and for creating inclusive workplaces that provide rewarding professional opportunities. Our brands have also established meaningful, lasting commitments to strengthen local communities, source responsibly and help customers make healthier choices.
Ahold Delhaize operates a centralized Treasury in Geneva, Switzerland for the global management of:
- Cash and liquidity;
- Foreign exchange and interest rate risks;
- Debt and equity capital markets;
- Intercompany funding;
- Relationships with banks and credit rating agencies.
The Treasury proactively supports business operations by addressing their specific cash management needs and any initiatives involving the delivery of banking services and products, as well as other areas of support such as real estate funding or value chain financing. It also advises senior management on the group's capital structure, including dividend policy.
What do we offer?
- A diverse, challenging job that combines treasury/accounting, analytical and problem-solving skills to deliver desired results;
- Work in the dynamic international environment of Ahold Delhaize with colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience.
To be successful in this role, you bring the following:
- A university degree or professional qualification in treasury or accounting;
- You are a finance professional with 5 years of experience in a multinational environment, of which at least a 3-year experience in treasury;
- Experience in various treasury management systems and a good command of the MS Office suite (ability to build and update complex Excel files);
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English, where fluency in other languages are an advantage.
Perhaps Ahold Delhaize is your new workplace where you as Treasury back office and controlling specialist will be part of a great and dynamic Group Treasury team. Apply now with resume and cover letter and best before the January 28!
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Specialist can tell you a lot more about this position via email@example.com (Please do not apply via email)
Please note that we are improving our own candidate experience and therefore do not appreciate any acquisition attempts from employment agencies, besides the ones we approach ourselves.
Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us