Your new job and office
Ensure that our partners deliver optimal performance for our core infrastructure within the EU.
As our Vendor Manager for EU Infrastructure Partners, you manage a portfolio of IT partners within our infrastructure domain. You ensure that all our partners’ services are purposeful, cost-effective, and tailored to the ever-changing needs of our IT and the business. You will do this for our key partners who are active across all our brands within Europe. In more detail: you direct, support, and build relationships with the IT partners and ensure that they fulfill their contractual agreements, to support our brands in reaching their goals. At the same time, you will play an integral part in enabling our digital transition, such as moving our technology onto the cloud. This transition also naturally affects existing suppliers and contract types.
As Vendor Manager for EU Infrastructure Partners, you will make an impact at Ahold Delhaize by:
- Working with our brands to build a clear partner strategy to optimize performance for our brands.
- Driving governance structures on operational, tactical, and strategic levels.
- Acting as a point of contact between our brands and partners about any issues.
- Supporting the partner account management and delivery teams by setting preconditionss that enable the delivery of contracted services.
- Reviewing and coordinating the content of service schedules, ensuring to reflect changes, following your governance framework.
Your new office
As Vendor Manager for our EU Infrastructure Partners, you will be working at Ahold Delhaize. Approximately 370,000 employees worldwide serve over 50 million customers a week. On a somewhat smaller scale, you will be working with 1,500 colleagues in Zaandam, the Netherlands. Occasionally, you visit our other offices in the region. For example, our offices in Brussels, as business requires. By working together to improve every day and through innovation, we reinforce our role as a leader in retail and e-commerce. This is also how we build on trusted local brands. Strong brands that offer a great deal of knowledge, experience, and impact.
You will find your new workplace at our bustling head office, next to Zaandam train station. More specifically, on the 6th floor of the Global Support Office (GSO) in the IT Sourcing & Vendor Management department. However, due to COVID-19, we currently still work from home as much as possible.
Everything you do with your colleagues is directly visible in our stores and for people at home. Curious who you will be working with? The IT Sourcing & Vendor Management department consists of one Director and five Vendor Managers, including you. The other Vendor Managers have the following focus areas: Application Maintenance & Development, Digital & Online, Store Infrastructure, and Software & Products. The department started as part of Albert Heijn. Last year, the whole team moved to the GSO organization to shape its services at the corporate level. The team takes pride in making significant improvements and establishing itself as a trusted partner at the EU level. There is very close cooperation among colleagues, and there is a robust facilitating culture towards internal customers.
What do we offer?
Here at Ahold Delhaize, we aim to grow. This is only possible if you grow along with us. That’s why we help you take your career and personal development in the direction you want to go. As we work together to build on our brand as well as your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- a gross annual salary of between € 70-80K.
- Access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career.
- 20 vacation days, and Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12,5 extra vacation days, discounts, or a pay-out.
- Flexible working hours.
- A laptop and telephone.
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam.
- A bonus on top of your salary.
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 per year.
At Ahold Delhaize, you’ll be working for one of the biggest retailers in the world. You are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us. And specifically for this vacancy as a Vendor Manager for EU Infrastructure Partners, you are skilled at communication, collaboration and negotiation, and commercial insights. You supplement these skills with:
- a relevant bachelor’s or master's degree.
- excellent English and Dutch communication skills (verbal and writing). French is considered a plus.
- between 5 and 8 years of experience working in a large corporate and global organization in an IT Sourcing or Vendor Manager role - preferably within manufacturing or retail. And experience cooperating with large IT Service Providers such as TCS, Microsoft, and BT.
- knowledge about core IT infrastructure developments such as Cloud and Software-Defined Networking.
- extensive knowledge about outsourcing service contracts. Drafting experience is preferred.
- extensive stakeholder management experience for managing both vendors and internal stakeholders. You can influence stakeholders at all levels of our organization without having formal authority and with the commercial savviness to solve financial topics with our partners.
- a structured approach in handling challenges and escalations. For example, incident management and process optimization.
Seeing is believing. This is true in our stores, as well as in our head office in Zaandam. It could be your new workplace, where you, as Vendor Manager for EU Infrastructure Partners, have influence over the most renowned retail markets in the Netherlands. Apply now, but in any case by no later than Sunday the 14th of February.
Also, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for Ahold Delhaize, and particularly in this position?
- Give us an example of one of your achievements in which you take pride. Something that has impacted your organization or team.
- Please indicate one of your strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
Want to know more before you apply for our role at Ahold Delhaize? Wouter Lipsius, Talent Acquisition Partner, is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via email@example.com.