What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
Who are you?
- Een aanpakkersmentaliteit
- Passie voor je vakgebied
- Commercieel inzicht
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
Are you interested in joining a front-runner in retail to work on establishing competitive Marketing deals for both our retail brand in The Netherlands and Europe?
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (55m weekly customers, 413k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortar, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business quickly but responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, supporting local communities, and helping customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills. But most of all, it requires us to be there for the people and communities we serve. #daretocare
Dive wholeheartedly into these key responsibilities:
- Developing and executing the Marketing category strategy;
- Run a good selection and contracting on current and new suppliers;
- Support internal stakeholders to excel in their business;
- Create and manage a solid relationship with our suppliers;
In this role, you will be part of the NFR Netherlands team responsible for strategic sourcing within the Marketing category on local and European levels. Therefore, experience in sourcing within the Marketing category is key. Preferably you have experience in sourcing Agencies, Content Production, Events and Sponsoring. Not For Resale sourcing (NFR) is organized to optimally leverage Ahold Delhaize’s footprint in Europe and drive Ahold Delhaize’s saving programs. As strategic sourcing manager in Europe, you work together in cross-border category teams to run European and local sourcing events.
We are a European department with teams in 6 European countries where Ahold Delhaize is active. The NFR department is responsible for sourcing all Not For Resale goods and services. Collaboration with various stakeholders within our strong local brands enables us to act as one company towards our suppliers and provide better value for our brands. Working within NFR means working with skilled colleagues and real sourcing and marketing experts. An open communication style characterizes the team; everyone helps each other and is flexible.
We welcome caring colleagues who
- Combine a bachelor’s or master’s degree with around years of relevant sourcing/procurement experience in marketing buying
- Have knowledge about marketing categories like content production as a procurement category
- Have proven experience in delivering savings in (international) trade, sourcing or retail
- Have the ability to work with legal templates
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in the Dutch and English language
- Have Strong negotiation skills
- Are willing to travel
At Ahold Delhaize and our local brands, we broadly define diversity as inclusive of thoughts and skills, generational differences, LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disabilities, nationalities and more, and we accept all people for who they are.
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all 413,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels.
What does that translate to in this role?
- A rewarding salary and incentive plan
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: coaching programs, plenty of growth opportunities and attractive, cross-brand career options
- 32.5 days of free time
- Flexible working hours, the freedom to work from (basically) wherever, or to choose a hybrid mix
- A company car
- A powerful laptop and smartphone
- Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable food matters – on a truly global scale
Dare to care and grow with us?
If you look forward to teaming up, apply today, and we will meet you soon at your new home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam station. Please connect with Bauke Jan Wiersma for more information.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
Live Whole Heartedly
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”