What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
Who are you?
- A team player
- An eye for detail
- An entrepreneurial attitude
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
As Junior Consolidation Specialist, you’ll play a key role in supporting Ahold Delhaize’s reporting processes. This diverse, challenging role combines analytical and problem-solving skills to deliver desired results and offers a great chance to expand your knowledge of consolidation and (financial and non-financial) databases.
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (55m weekly customers, 413k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business quickly but responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, supporting local communities, and helping customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills. But most of all, it requires us to be there for the people and communities we serve. #daretocare
This is what you’ll be doing
As Junior Consolidation Specialist, you will operate in a small hands-on team that is responsible for a timely and accurate consolidation of financial and non-financial data. You’ll be responsible for the first review and consolidation of financial and non-financial data. In this role, you’ll further expand your knowledge and comprehension of (financial and non-financial) databases and their technical aspects, data analytical skills as well as a good understanding of managerial reporting.
Dive wholeheartedly into these key responsibilities
- Be responsible for the weekly sales reporting process including actuals, forecast and planning;
- Participate in the periodic & quarterly closing cycle for actual results of Ahold Delhaize;
- Act as main point of contact for several reporting entities / countries, primarily to answer questions on proper reporting input as well as solicit answers on review comments;
- Run the periodic intercompany matching process;
- Assist in the planning cycle process, which includes budget, long term plan and forecast consolidation;
- Assist in executing the application maintenance and translating new business or IFRS requirements into smart and scalable solutions.
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 413,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels. What that translates to in this role?
- A gross annual salary between €47.500 - €62.500, including 8% holiday allowance and supplemented with a guaranteed bonus
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options
- 25,5 vacation days, supplemented by an ADV budget: take an additional 19,5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid mix from home and from the office
- A powerful laptop and a smartphone
- Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale
- Membership in a lively and diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage, inspires growth, and dares to care
We welcome caring colleagues who bring:
- A higher education degree in Finance or Economics
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant financial working experience
- A critical and analytical mindset, with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Fluent language skills in English
- A lot of interest to broaden your knowledge on consolidation and database topics.
At Ahold Delhaize and our local brands we define diversity broadly, seeing it as inclusive of thoughts and skills, generational differences, LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disabilities, nationalities and more, and we accept all people for who they are.
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Karen de Geus, Talent Acquisition Partner Finance, will gladly talk you through the position at firstname.lastname@example.org.
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
Live Whole Heartedly
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”