What do we offer?
- To be courageous
- To live wholeheartedly
- To keep growing
What do you bring?
- A can-do mentality
- Collaborative skills
- The ability to connect
Go straight to:
How you can make a difference
As Technology Sourcing Specialist, you have a critical role within the Ahold Delhaize Global Tech Organization. Being part of the global technology sourcing team based in the Netherlands, this role focuses in particular on our Dutch brands. You will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of technology sourcing and contract negotiation opportunities across multiple technology, digital, and business-enabling related categories. You will report to the Technology Sourcing Manager for the NL brands.
One day you work on deals including everything connected to our network in stores (POS systems, scanners, servers) and network services. The next day you might find yourself working on a contract with a cloud infrastructure team for one of our brands. On a global level, we may include you in negotiations with Microsoft for our office applications. Diversity guaranteed!
About Ahold Delhaize
Ahold Delhaize was formed in July 2016 from the merger of Ahold and Delhaize Group, retail innovators for almost 150 years. Our local brands employ around 413,000 associates in around 7,452 local grocery, small format and specialty stores. Ahold Delhaize brands are dedicated to helping customers eat well, save time and live better.
In addition to our stores, our brands include the top online retailer in the Benelux and the number one online grocers in the Benelux and the United States. Our local brands are also among the most prominent providers of fresh food and locally tailored own-brand products, including a diverse selection of affordable natural and organic goods.
Dive wholeheartedly into these key responsibilities:
- Proactively identifying and achieving cost reduction- and avoidance savings, while balancing needs between quality, cost, service, and innovation;
- Leading sourcing events e.g., RFx, benchmarking, negotiations, contracting vendor market research;
- Executing in alignment with category strategies;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships, particularly with mid-senior leaders, e.g., Managers, Directors, (Senior) VPs, within the Albert Heijn Tech organization;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and smooth handoffs with control and support teams such as finance, contract and vendor management, information security, legal, software asset management etc.
- Staying current with both business and technology and identifying potential future partners.
- Supporting in developing a robust, professional, and forward-thinking technology sourcing organization;
- You have 2-5+ years of relevant work experience (minimum 2 years as a procurement lead in technology / IT sourcing);
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher. Additional procurement degrees, e.g. NEVI or CIPS, are considered a plus.
- You bring solid project management, planning & organization skills to the table – a must because you will need to go beyond negotiating. You are the centerpiece of coordination between all parties involved;
- You have excellent English language skills. Dutch language skills are considered a plus;
- You are a world-class strategic negotiator with excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to conduct professional presentations and tell stories, including the ability to process complex input to create cogent arguments and simple messages;
- You master the ability to lead and influence peers, typically without official authority or mandate;
- Excellent conceptual skills and autonomy, including stakeholder management experience. You thrive in a large, matrixed, and diverse organization, bridging the gap between our global and local sourcing needs;
- You are self-motivated and show tenacity, ensuring that objectives are met and co-operation between OpCo’s is ensured;
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 413,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. And because we’re a global family of brands, finding your next challenge comes (almost) as naturally as calling an actual relative. We #daretocare for our people at all levels. What that translates to in this role?
- An annual salary of up to €70k based on a full-time workweek.
- Attractive bonus plan, travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone.
- Generous retirement plan with a solid contribution
- Plenty of paid leave to enjoy your well-deserved holidays. 25,5 regular paid vacation days and 19,5 ADV days
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy ‘to boldly go where no one has gone before’ that typifies scaleups.
- A powerful laptop and a smartphone, travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
Dare to care and grow with us?
We're looking forward to team up! For questions you can contact Adam Taimount via firstname.lastname@example.org
matters to us?
"I realized how much impact you can truly have as an individual, working for such a huge international company.”
“The support this company has always offered means the world to me."
“I feel the freedom to show initiative, propose changes and try new things. Having that freedom gave me wings to fly.”