Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
As EU Sourcing Analyst you stand at the forefront to improve sourcing alignment between various operating companies (initial focus will be in the Benelux). You develop tooling to monitor and help steer fact based sourcing to make sure our Sourcing Managers have all the insights they need and are well prepared when talking to our A-brand and/or private label suppliers. You perform thorough category / product comparisons for our Sourcing team(s) to drive decision-making and will run specific multi opco sourcing projects that will also involve Health & Sustainability issues.
A keen eye for process improvement combined with tech savviness, cultural sensitivity and the endurance to solve complex ‘puzzles’ makes you the ideal candidate.
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (54m weekly customers, 410k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business quickly but responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, support local communities, and help customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills.
Dive wholeheartedly into these key responsibilities
• Translate business needs (sourcing / category management) into action-oriented advice based on your analyses
• Develop and optimize reporting dashboards & tooling, to monitor relevant internal and external developments for negotiations and show opportunities for synergies
• Identify opportunities for specifications and supplier convergence based on internal and external benchmarks
• Conduct value chain / cost price breakdown analyses to identify saving opportunities through product or process optimalisation
• Estimate savings potential for further harmonization (“money left on table”). For example by listing QA and Health & Sustainability blockers and making the cost of those policies explicit or exposing differences in suppliers terms (NET3/NET4 analysis)
• Support with analyses on a rolling calendar of categories, supporting the preparation of synergy and pressure cooker meetings to identify potential and create ‘case for change’
• Coordinate sourcing related projects (e.g. RFQ process) between stakeholders in the various operating companies/AMS and integrate this into analyses & joint sourcing calendars
• Enhance our supplier & market intelligence for relevant categories
The position of EU sourcing analyst is impactful as we want to achieve a higher degree of sourcing alignment in Europe resulting in additional savings to further invest and grow our business. Not everything is set in stone yet and a pioneering attitude & open mindset is required. How can we create added value through EU sourcing synergies, while safeguarding local taste? As EU sourcing analyst, you will answer these – and many other – questions, working in tandem with sourcing and category managers of the various operating companies and your EU sourcing colleagues.
In your new role you will be part of the European Sourcing team. The team is organized by region (Benelux and Central Southeast Europe) and functional area (Fresh, Own Brands and National Brands). You report to the Director EU Sourcing Benelux.
Dit bieden we jou
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 410,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so you’re encouraged to grab opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities. What that translates to in this role?
• A gross annual salary between € 45K and € 63K (depending on experience), based on fulltime and including holidaypay.
• The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: coaching programs, plenty of growth opportunities and attractive, cross-brand career options
• Lots of ‘me time’: how does 45 vacation days (25.5 regular and 19.5 ADV days) sound? Relax and charge yourself up!
• Flexible working hours, the freedom to work from (basically) wherever, or to choose a hybrid mix
• A laptop and a smartphone
• Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
• The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable food matters – on a truly global scale
• Membership to a lively and diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage, inspires growth, and dares to care
• Location: Zaandam/Hybrid working from home
Dit breng je mee
We welcome caring colleagues who
• Combine a Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Data science or similar with 2-5 years of relevant work experience (preferably in the analytics domain and/or consultancy)
• Are versed in Excel (Power BI and dashboarding are a plus) and bring strong analytical skills
• Are able to translate data insights into useful reports or an impactful presentation (storytelling)
• Bring solid project management qualities to the table – a must because you will juggle several tasks and projects at the same time
• Can bridge the gap between apparent contradictions in cross border sourcing by being creative and persistent in your approach. In other words you like to work in a complex and evolving environment, where you take ownership and work independently
• Are fluent/native in English and culturally sensitive. Dutch and/or French fluency is a plus
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Virtually for now, but (hopefully) soon at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam station. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Tess van der Poel, Talent Acquisition Partner, will gladly talk you through the position at Tess.email@example.com