Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Location: Head Office Ahold Delhaize in Zaandam
Do you want to challenge, drive and support the Albert Heijn (AH) business units to set their goals? Do you want to help us further improve the business planning processes/cycles to provide more (decision) support? Would you love to empower our current processes with predictive and prescriptive analytics? Enable Business controllers gain a better understanding of the value-drivers or levers of their business, and how changes in these drivers can impact future business outcomes?
As a Business Planning & Performance (BPP) controller, you mainly work on budget and forecast processes, internal management reports and analysis for decision-making. This requires you to have a high degree of analytical ability, strong communication skills and the ability to pick things up quickly.
Do you see this challenge and do you make an impact through your sharp analyzes and proactive attitude? Then I invite you to read on.
Business Planning & Performance (BPP) has an overarching and coordinating role within Albert Heijn Finance (ca. 90 finance professionals working at Albert Heijn, Etos, Gall). The BPP team consists of 5 business controllers responsible for financial planning, analysis and G&A control. Besides the business controllers, main stakeholders are Ahold Delhaize group BPP, our Treasury department in Geneve, AH strategy office, CEO and CFO of Albert Heijn.
Your tasks will consist of the following points:
- Create substantiated budgets and forecasts in alignment with set tactical and operational plans;
- Realize periodic and ad hoc analyses to gain insights into current progress and future expectations; and
- Support the G&A controller overseeing the support functions.
- Business acumen;
- Strategic thinking;
- Predictive forecast analysis;
- Decision support.
Your new office
The BPP department is part of the finance team of Operating Unit Albert Heijn (comprising of AH, Etos, Gall) and consist of:
- Business Control BPP;
- Overhead Control.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
Dit bieden we jou
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who has strong analytical skills and is a role model by heart. You’re pragmatic and know how to get things done.
Also, you meet the following requirements. You have:
- a masters’ degree in economics. Any complementary certifications are a plus.
- 0-3 years work-experience;
- strong written and oral communication skills in both Dutch (required!) and English;
- experience in or a clear passion for retail; and
- a pro-active approach, a strong understanding of statistics;
- excellent computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel expertise). Experience with Tableau or Power BI is a plus (like data processing and programming languages).
Dit breng je mee
Here at Ahold Delhaize we aim to grow. This is only possible if you grow along with us. That’s why we help you take your career and personal development in the direction you want to go. Besides this we offer the following:
- A competitive gross salary with a range of € 3,204.80 to a max of € 5,520.00- This is excluded fixed 8% holiday allowance;
- Plenty of vacation days to take the time off;
- Nice bonus in the form of profit sharing; and
- Grocery discount at Albert Heijn.
Besides good employment benefits, we also offer other great benefits such as:
- A challenging role within a small and young team in a very dynamic environment;
- The opportunity to gain broad insight into the financial processes of the Operating Unit Albert Heijn;
- The opportunity to build further competencies (e.g. Finance Frontrunners Academy offering trainings in amongst others Analytics, Storytelling and ‘core’ finance); and
- Future career opportunities within Albert Heijn and our Global Finance Community.
Seeing is experiencing. This applies to our stores and our office in Zaandam, perhaps your new workplace, where you, as a Consultant Finance BPP, influence the most famous Dutch retail brands.
For more information please contact email@example.com
In order to apply for this role, we request an updated resume (preferably in pdf). In addition, we would like to ask you to either send a motivation letter or to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- What draw you to apply for the position of Business Controller BPP at Ahold Delhaize?
- What experiences do you already have in a similar role, that could be similar to this one;
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position? Please indicate one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
You can apply until Sunday March 7 23:59 and address this to Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Partner, Ahold Delhaize Career Center. Please only apply via our career website.
If you do face any IT issues, please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org