Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Location: Any of our local offices in Europe or HQ in Zaandam, The Netherlands
Publication Date: 21-04-2021
32-40 hours a week
As F&A transformation consultant you make an impact by successfully coordinating and running European finance projects. With your accuracy, systematic insight and drive, you are able to fully support our Project Managers and Finance Directors to optimize, simplify and digitize our retained and offshore processes.
This is what you’ll be doing
We are looking for a pro-active and independent new colleague. As an F&A transformation consultant you are an important member of our European Business Services Finance team and you support in our European Business Services Finance (BSF) projects (e.g. project management, project portfolio management and preparation of meetings and/or workshops). In this role you work closely with the brand- and central project teams to identify, initiate and complete projects. Comply to common goals and commit to deadlines and you will be empowered to drive projects by yourself.
As F&A transformation consultant you follow-up on agreements and keep your colleagues on the right track when it comes to project planning and their responsibilities. You ensure that meetings/workshops run efficient and smoothly, and you monitor carefully the progress on the project portfolio.
You do this by supporting the translation of the EU Finance strategy into specific initiatives and planning and preparing relevant meetings and events to strategically guide our local BSF teams. You also prepare and run workshops, including the presentations/materials used.
Your project management skills will not go wasted as you run (sub) projects of the portfolio, monitor and report on progress, and prepare and drive meetings for stakeholder alignment with presentations. You also design communication materials for our stakeholders (EU board, brand leaders, country leads). You structure the governance around projects and prepare adhoc reports for different internal stakeholders where needed.
You translate agreed actions into plans and ensure the re-use of blueprints and materials from other countries and departments. You support communication within the team and with the local teams in different countries, for instance by using SharePoint.
Together with the Business Controllers (at EU and/or country level), you coordinate and monitor project business cases for management buy-in and benefit tracking.
You drive operational excellence within our finance practice by working lean and agile, and enable/implement fact-based reporting with self-service dashboarding (Power BI).
Your new workplace: European Business Services (EBS)
In this role you will be part of Ahold Delhaize and specifically part of European Business Services in Zaandam. EBS consist of three departments: Business Services HR, Business Services Finance and Not for Resale.
EBS is a world-class shared services organization, helping our great local brand achieve their strategic goals. We create time and value for the business allowing the business to focus on the customer and the brand’s growth and profitability. We provide an array of professional services that are characterized by high volumes and that can be multi-brand and multi-country.
Our team is diverse and international. We work together with the BSF VP (ai), the BSF CSE lead, the EBS Vendor Manager, the R&C lead, the EU FIT lead and several consultants. We are all very enthusiastic about our company, the work and the roadmap. We have a clear goal, which is derived of the overall AD and EU strategy. We aim to digitalize and simplify our finance services organization and intent to have a common way of working in operating model, execution of processes and use of technology. Going forward, we will also emphasize more on the people agenda: development of EU education, exchange of talents and standardized career paths.
Dit bieden we jou
What do we offer?
At Ahold Delhaize we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. And as we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
• A competitive salary up to 81K gross annually (depending on experience and location/country you’ll work from. This specific salary is based on working from our HQ in Zaandam, the Netherlands)
• Access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career.
• 20 vacation days, and Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12,5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out.
• A laptop and telephone.
• An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%
• A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam.
• A bonus on top of your salary.
• Attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
• 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 per year.
• A very independent position with a lot of responsibilities.
• A project manager role where you combine your networking, communication, analytical and reporting skills to achieve the desired results.
• Working in the dynamic international environment of Ahold Delhaize with colleagues with a wide range of professional experience and diverse cultural backgrounds.
Dit breng je mee
As you will be part of the F&A transformation team, it is good to know that the optimization roadmap is divided into different areas; Organization, Processes and Technology. We are demanding for a new eager colleague who is able to accelerate and support in these areas.
Our ideal candidate brings the following qualities:
• A WO Bachelor or Masters’ degree.
• 5-7 years’ experience in a supporting project management role, preferably at a Big Four Firm or an (international) department with similar complexities.
• Operational excellence project management experience for (finance) processes in organizational sensitive environments.
• You have affinity and experience with the digitalization of processes.
• Willing to connect to other cultures. Travel can be part of the calendar.
Seeing is believing. This could be your new workplace, where you, as F&A Transformation Consultant, influence our great local brands. If you’re interested, please apply online via our careerpage with a resume and answer to the questions below. You can address your application to Tess van der Poel, Talent Acquisition Partner.
For this procedure we ask you not to write an extensive motivation letter! However, we ask you to briefly answer the following questions:
• Why would you want to work in this European-oriented department and why at Ahold Delhaize;
• What makes you a strong project manager and give a specific example where you have applied this;
• If you could name one strong point and one personal improvement point, what would these be? Avoid words in this vacancy text and keep it personal as well as specific.
Ready to apply?
Please do so only via this website and not via email, due to GDPR reasons.
Note for recruitment agencies:
We appreciate your enthousiasm and think it’s great you noticed this vacancy ánd have the perfect candidate for the job. We believe we can find this perfect candidate as well and have proven to be very succesful in the past. Therefore we don't make use of third parties when it comes to recruitment for this role.