Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Being a passionated DevOps Engineer for the AH Technology Supply Chain domain, means you are developing our software for a product. A product can contain multiple applications delivering one or more capabilities to our business process.
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-). So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
This is how you will reinvent food retail
Our Albert Heijn Technology Supply Chain platform, led by Head of Tech Sjoerd Moerenburg, aims to create the best Supply Chain architecture and infrastructure that has a huge impact on our Supply Chain processes and the shopping experience of millions of customers who daily visit one of our Albert Heijn stores. Within this platform there are multiple products that drive this success, each owned by a product team which can be categorized under Replenishment, Logistics or Transport.
The team which you will join is the AH Replenishment product team is. The respective product consists of highly optimized and highly automated processes that create the orders for 1000+ stores and 7 AH distribution centers. Furthermore, the product provides insight into future orders for many weeks in the future, which are updated real-time. To put this in context, for store orders 400+ million calculations are being executed each day. Accurate ordering aims to ensure the best shopping experience to our customers having high service levels and fresh products in our stores. The insight into the future enables AH and its suppliers to have the right capacity available at the right time, driving operational excellence. With this in mind, even the smallest improvements make enormous impact. As DevOps Engineers you will be a join a team of 8 people, consisting of; a Tech Lead, Solution Consultants, DevOps Engineers, Testers. Together with the team and the Product Owner you will closely collaborate to deliver enormous impact every day!
More specifically, as DevOps Engineer you will:
• Be a valued team member and a valuable team player, celebrating successes together;
• Have an appetite to learn from the experts around you, the student becomes the teacher;
• Put the organization in a position to deliver value as quickly as possible;
• Join an agile scrum team that works in increments of two weeks; participating in all ceremonies of standups, refinement, planning, retrospective…
• Analyze/design application and data architecture solutions, build code, enforce code quality, develop best practices and manage deployments.
• Develop on applications that run our business critical and strategical processes of replenishment;
As DevOps Engineer, you will contribute directly to the development of a new, state of the art Technology landscape for the AH Supply Chain product. A mission you won’t take on solo, but as a full-fledged (and very welcome) member of the AH Replenishment team. Together you strive to develop a new system architecture in an Agile setting. A challenging role, because this challenge can only be overcome if you utilize your engineering and personal skills to the fullest. The role mostly boils down to a mix of software engineering work, learning on the job, doing standups, refinements and problem solving on business critical systems which are real-time, super critical and highly responsive. To maximize your impact as DevOps Engineer Supply Chain, it is important that you really want this and make your team work efficiently. How do you create awesome Supply Chain solutions in a rapidly changing environment, where today's brilliant idea can be ‘past its expiration date’ tomorrow?
You will work hard on those solutions with support of your team and Product Owner, while weighing the effects on our architecture and managing dependencies like a boss. You also engage intensively with colleagues in the whole AH Tech department. In short, this is a fantastic and challenging role in which you work on great projects and help us to deliver on our promise to our millions of shopping customers. As for the setting: we actively promote autonomy and experimenting. Misadventures are learnings to be shared with your colleagues! Speaking of which, at AH Technology you work with the brightest minds in the data, digital and tech domains, so inspiration is never in short supply...
A DevOps Engineer within the AH Replenishment team you will be involved in different subjects. Current topics and projects include:
- Rebuild of the DC Replenishment processes to the Cloud leveraging the latest technologies on a microservice architecture.
- Use a new type of forecasts, generated by AI and machine learning techniques.
- Piloting a new (secret) way to determine order calculations for the stores, which also makes the best choices when there are shortages in capacity at our supplier, DC’s or transport.
- Onboard new distribution centers into the AH supply chain.
- Implement new types of collaborations between AH and external parties.
- Developing strategic capabilities that makes AH a leading food & tech company.
- Cloud transformation / migration program.
Dit bieden we jou
The best ingredients for a meaningful job
- We reward your effort with a maximum annual salary of €45k based on a full-time workweek (depending on work experience)
- Our end bosses aren’t greedy: you’re helping the business to increase profits, so you get a slice of that pie. The annual amount can range from 45 to 130% of your average monthly paycheck.
- We save for your retirement like Scrooge McDuck. With one difference: we pay out over four times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring :-).
- You can game for 46 (that’s right forty-six) days non-stop: 25.5 regular paid vacation days and 19.5 ADV days. Enjoy!
- You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community – deep dive into our shared knowledge!
- A powerful laptop and ditto smartphone are ‘included’. You also get discounts (no coupon clipping required) on insurance, groceries, and so forth.
- You work with the latest & greatest tooling. Pinky promise.
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy ‘to boldly go where no one has gone before’ that typifies scaleups.
Dit breng je mee
The recipe for maximum customer impact
- A Bachelors/Master degree of Information Technology (or HTS).
- You enjoy teamwork, like working in greenfield settings and make things happen.
- You’re tech savvy, pro-active and have a big passion for tech.
- Maybe have some experience in building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins and or Docker.
- Some knowledge of Java script (Node JS), React, Selenium would be great.
- You want to learn on the job, invest in yourself to become a professional Dev Engineer.
- Not a deal-breaker, but Native Dutch speaker would be welcome, too.
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent food shopping for generation Z. And beyond. Questions? Eva Kuijer, Talent Acquisition Partner, can’t tell a bit from a byte and mistakes UX/ UI and SEO/ SEA. But she can tell you everything you want to know about this role (email@example.com). Oh, due to Corona we can only serve virtual Java during these talks.