Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Ahold Delhaize Head office, Zaandam
Ahold Delhaize is looking for a Director ESG Reporting who will help us with the increased demand on internal and external reporting on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) data collection and related control framework, business control and reporting within Finance.
As Director ESG Reporting you deliver clear and effective Health & Sustainability reporting on results and targets for the Group, that increase visibility and awareness of AD’s ambitions and performance among stakeholders (such as our Executive Committee and Supervisory Board, AD Leadership Community, investors and strategic external partners). Together with others you coordinate and ensure delivery of credible and accurate internal quarterly reporting on Sustainable Retailing Performance. Health & Sustainability KPIs, and align on targets and engagement with ESG-focused investors and investment analysts. You ensure focus on both increased data accuracy and controls within Finance, and drive projects that safeguard future proof reporting and increase data integration / reporting of ESG figures across regions and brands.
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (54m weekly customers, 410k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of 19 local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, support local communities, and help customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills.
Dive wholeheartedly into these key responsibilities:
- Overall coordination for ESG and Health and Sustainability within the Finance community, ensuring seamless connection and collaboration between Finance, the business and H&S.
You align the target setting process for H&S with financial target setting and set targets, and manage future proof KPI setting and reporting definitions.
- Analysis and Reporting of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) performance
You coordinate the efforts to collect, analyze, and improve ESG data for Ahold Delhaize internal and external reporting to measure performance against strategic goals and ensure that this is reviewed with the brands so we meet H&S goals. You drive projects to automate data collection in regions/brands and provide analysis of results.
You (co)develop the section in capital investment policy on ESG criteria and evaluates investment proposals on these criteria.
- Drive visibility of Ahold Delhaize strategy and performance on sustainability
You do so by developing strong relationships with the relevant teams in the regions, brands and at GSO (Global Support Office). You drive effective cross functional collaboration to ensure ESG reporting is integrated into overall Ahold Delhaize communications. Next to this there is significant developments within external ESG reporting you will be responsible to update and improve. You manage successful integration of H&S performance into the AD Annual Report and other company reporting cycles, together with the GSO Finance and Communication team. You lead the process to report on ESG data and ESG statements within the Annual Report of Ahold Delhaize.
Our long-term ambition is to fully integrate ESG data consolidation, business control and management reporting from across the business to ensure the consistency and accuracy of Ahold Delhaize’s external integrated reporting of financial and ESG data. Increased transparency, stronger data quality and strict target setting are needed to effectively manage the Healthy & Sustainable growth driver, and to ensure compliance with external reporting needs.
Dit bieden we jou
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 410,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given. What that translates to in this role?
- A gross annual salary up to 108K excl bonus
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash
- Flexible working hours, the option to work from home (yes, post-pandemic as well) or to choose a hybrid mix
- Mobility options (a company car or travel allowance), a laptop and a smartphone
- Discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale
Dit breng je mee
We welcome caring colleagues who
- Combine a Master’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, e.g., in Sustainability and communications field, ideally within international business.
- Are versed in Finance and Finance systems and have the analytical skills to interpret the numbers, trends and processes. And are a strategic thinker with the ability to bring concepts into action
- Have affinity with corporate ESG reporting/ratings for international companies and the communication of that, as evidenced by your track record.
- Bring solid communication skills qualities to the table – a must because you need to be able to create clear, concise, and high-impact communications to support company visibility on health and sustainability. You’re a strong public speaker and build relationships easily across cultures.
- Drive constructive dialogue with investors, NGOs and other sustainability-related stakeholders. You have passion for sustainability and demonstrated interest in driving societal impacts through more sustainable business practices.
- Are confident to question and challenge the status quo, listen to other perspectives and process feedback. You’re a team player with strong leadership and management skills. You can coordinate and deliver projects across cross-functional and multi-cultural teams.
- Are fluent in English, language proficiency in Dutch and other languages relevant for the group’s operating area are a plus.
Dare to care and grow with us?
We look forward to teaming up! Virtually for now, but (hopefully) soon at your home away from home: our vibrant HQ, right next to Zaandam station. Want to know more before you hit the Apply button? Tess van der Poel, Talent Acquisition Partner will gladly talk you through the position at firstname.lastname@example.org.