Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Do you identify yourself as a visual thinker and are you passionate about the combination of creativity and technology? Are you always engaged in how design affects its viewers and users? At Ahold Delhaize we are looking for a Visual & UX Design Intern who is excited to join our tech team!
This is what you need to know
Together with a team of strategists, creatives and developers, you and the other designers will be responsible for the entire design for projects of our brands. This could vary from supporting our UX/UI Designer on the framework of a new app to the graphic design of innovative pitch presentations. Daily activities include:
- Working as a full member of the project team.
- Graphic design: translate business goals, designs and initiatives into compelling, innovative and clear visual communication.
- UX and UI design: support in building from scratch wireframes, prototypes and final app designs.
- Collaborating with and learning from other teams, such as concepting, tech, and project management.
Your new office
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest food retail groups. A leader in supermarkets and e-commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves more than 54 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. We are dedicated to helping customers eat well, save time and live better. As an intern visual design, you will be working at Ahold Delhaize. Approximately 370,000 employees worldwide serve over 50 million customers a week. On a somewhat smaller scale, you will be working with 1,500 colleagues in Zaandam, the Netherlands. The role is based at Ahold Delhaize’s bustling headquarters in Zaandam, the Netherlands. As our new intern you are part of the Ahold Delhaize Global Support Office (GSO). Due to the current situation, our employees are partly working from home.
Dit bieden we jou
An interesting and versatile internship with a minimum duration of 4 months (from September);
A lot of responsibility and room for own initiatives;
An internship in which you will get real working experience;
The Ahold Delhaize internship experience (events, drinks and network opportunities with all the interns working at the headquarter);
A good internship- and travel allowance (450-500 euro per month plus travel allowance);
Possibility to do a graduation project in combination with working 4 days on the team.
Dit breng je mee
- You are a MBO or HBO level student in the field of graphic design, multimedia design or an aligned study.
- You are fluent in Dutch and can easily communicate in English as well.
- You are a hero with Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Keynote and MailChimp.
- You are a natural with social media and interested in digital marketing and PR.
- You’re proactive, have a critical eye and love details.
- You can effortlessly translate information into beautiful and meaningful graphic designs.
- You’re able to work both as part of a team and independently, you are flexible and do not shy away from working hard in order to complete a challenge.
- You can start your internship no later than September, but it is possible to start earlier.
Working at Ahold Delhaize means flexible working. From home and our headquarters in Zaandam. Do you want to play an active role in our dedication to help people eat well, save time and live better? Apply now, but in any case, by no later than 28st of may.
We kindly ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
1. Why would you like to do this internship at Ahold Delhaize?
2. Why do you think you will be successful in this internship position, and what kind of skills do you bring for this role?
3. What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop during this internship?
Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to Ahold Delhaize? Yvette Cuijpers will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via email@example.com. General questions about internships can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org