Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Unlike many other companies, Internal Audit at Ahold Delhaize is future-oriented and has a strong focus on strategy. Within several business processes (such as marketing, commerce, logistics, real estate, supply chain, IT) you will investigate if the operational processes support the strategic objectives. You audit from a business perspective and act as a trusted advisor for your stakeholders, while remaining objective in your assessment of the control framework. Based on your observations, you provide tailor-made recommendations for improvement.
Does the above appeal to your imagination and are you already living in the Netherlands? Then this could be the next job for you.
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week. We have enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
Dit bieden we jou
Working as a Senior Internal Auditor at Ahold Delhaize:
In your role as Senior Auditor you will have a unique opportunity to see and understand many different areas of our company. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team with different backgrounds (audit and non-audit). Together with the team you are responsible for analyzing and assessing risk management within a business unit. Subsequently, you share the observations with management in order to define next steps together. Every audit is unique, as you will work on different topics within different European brands and changing audit teams.
What do we offer?
- A gross annual salary between €70K and €80K (depending on your expertise), attractive bonuses, plus a first-rate pension plan with a personal contribution of just 6.2%
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash
- Flexible working hours, the option to work from home (yes, post-pandemic as well) or to choose a hybrid mix
- A powerful laptop and a smartphone
- Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale
- Membership in a lively and diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage, inspires growth, and dares to care
A highly motivated candidate who has strong analytical skills and is a role model by heart. You’re pragmatic and know how to get things done. You fully understand and take into account the business needs to provide meaningful recommendations.
Also you meet the following requirements. You have:
- a Masters’ degree. Any complementary certifications are a plus.
- a minimum of 3 - 5 years of working experience (audit and non-audit related). Experience at a Big Four company is a plus, but not required. It helps if you understand a large and complex organizational structure.
- experience in or a clear passion for retail processes.
- the ability to communicate fluent in English. Ability to speak Dutch, French, Greek, Serbian, or Romanian is a plus.
- the willingness to travel, including international of 20-30%.
As a person, you have:
- strong analytical skills, broad interests and intrinsic curiosity;
- strong written and oral communication skills;
- the ability to establish and maintain relationships; and
- the ability to be independent, decisive and a self-supporting team player.
Note that we, unfortunately, can only offer a visa sponsorship for this role when you're already in The Netherlands.
Dit breng je mee
Application process explained
In order to apply for this role, we request an updated resume (preferably in pdf). In addition, we would like to ask you notto send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- What draw you to apply for the position of Senior Internal Auditor at Ahold Delhaize?
- What experience (if any) in or knowledge of Operational Audits do you already have;
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position? Please indicate one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Please contact Eveline Jansen, Talent Acquisition Partner via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t apply via this email address, but apply via the button on the website.
Note for recruitment agencies:
We appreciate your enthusiasm and think it’s great you noticed this vacancy ánd have the perfect fitted candidate for the job. We believe we can find this perfect candidate as well and have proven to be very successful in the past. Therefore, we only approach agencies ourselves and only with which we have a good understanding.