Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
The world of "shopping" is changing dramatically and quickly. Customers are definitively at the wheel. Offline and online markets are becoming increasingly intertwined and technology offers unprecedented opportunities. In this world, where "traditional" retail no longer exists, Albert Heijn is an experienced player and market leader in online shopping.
Albert Heijn Digital Development continuously contributes to innovating, improving, facilitating and speeding up the online shopping process. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to help customers predict their shopping basket, we increasingly integrate the AH environment with IoT solutions, we continuously optimize our AH app and we also add new, seamless payment methods such as Tap to go.
As a food-tech company we obviously work with the latest technologies and fully scrum & agile, but also increasingly with new ways of working such as Design Thinking and Lean Startup. And in addition to AH.nl and the AH App, we also work for Etos.nl, Gall & Gall and Allerhande! Do you have a get-shit-done mentality, a passion for technological innovations and affinity with retail?
Then we are looking for you! Our department is growing fast and has several scrum teams in which you as a Java Developer with kick-ass code make our website a little better every day. We are immediately looking for enthusiastic Java Developers who also get excited about APIs, CI / CD and performance testing. Developers with passion for retail, who want to make a difference in the lives of millions of customers!
Your new office
As a Java Developer you work at Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize. Albert Heijn is the number one food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you will be part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. At AH Technology, our smart professionals are creating digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Constantly rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, tech and digital. To transform from a supermarket into a leading food and technology company. So that as customers’ lives change, so can we.
Dit bieden we jou
What do we offer?
At Albert Heijn Digital Development we want to grow, and this is only possible if you grow with us. That is why we think it is important that you develop yourself. In addition, we offer:
- A career at the fastest growing online supermarket in the Netherlands;
- The chance to show your work to the entire country;
- Lots of responsibility and room for own initiatives;
- An informal working environment with a get-things-done mentality;
- Excellent working conditions such as holiday pay, a thirteenth month, guaranteed profit sharing, good pension scheme and commuting allowance;
- Laptop and mobile phone;
- 10% discount on your Albert Heijn shopping with a golden bonus card;
- Plenty of room for your career and personal development.
As the largest supermarket in the Netherlands, we fill around 5 million plates every day with our 100.000 employees. And if it's up to us, we'll do that together with you as our new Java Developer. Especially, if you are accurate and communicative. You also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent level based on experience;
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Java with Java 8 or higher;
- Knowledge of Git and Maven;
- Experience with Services (API’s);
- Understanding testing, automated testing and performance testing;
- Experience with CI/CD;
- Knowledge of Scrum/kanban (Agile);
- Knowledge of API documentation, API security and REST API’s;
- Experience with Docker and Spring boot;
- Knowledge of SQL databases and NoSQL databases;
- Knowledge of Design and architecture of software area;
- Understanding software migration projects;
- You are hands on.
In addition, it is an advantage if you have knowledge of, or experience with:
Kubernetes, Elastic Search, Cloud technology, Serverless, Jenkins pipelines, DevOps, Node.js, Oauth2 and JWT.
Dit breng je mee
Seeing is believing. This is true in our stores, as well as in our head office in Zaandam. It could be your new workplace, where you, as Java Developer, have influence over the most renowned retail markets in the Netherlands.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Andrei Curtui, Talent Acquisition Specialist IT can tell you a lot more about this position via firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply via the website only, because we can monitor progress from every candidate.
Please note that Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us