Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Do you want to make big impact, work for over 10 international brands within Ahold Delhaize (e.g. Albert Heijn, Bol.com. Delhaize, Stop & Shop and Food Lion) and work within our newly formed European Data Science & Analytics team? Then we are looking for you.
As Machine Learning Engineer at Ahold Delhaize, you are our expert within this domain. You will work closely together with our data science and analytics teams from our brands (Albert Heijn, Delhaize, Etos etc.) and the regional US team. We seek mutual opportunities, work together on implementing state-of-the-art data solutions and help them taking data science and analytics to a higher level. You are an expert in identifying, implementing and improving data solutions driving sustainable value for our customers and businesses. You participate in the cross functional scrum teams with the lead brands and you have a strong vision on data solutions. As Senior Machine Learning Engineer you will create impact at scale, as we want to scale and leverage these solutions across the brands.
In this role you are an expert working proficiency with big data sets of structured / unstructured data and you are able to combine if necessary. You will join the scrum team to accelerate the development and productionizing of algorithms and make sure they are scalable and portable to other teams. You ensure code is modularized, reusable, tested, and properly versioned. To do so, you liase between the ML teams and share learnings and code between brands. You keep abreast of developments in the field and promote relevant learnings within our organization. This way you will improve numerous processes and the experiences of millions of customers every single day.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Ahold Delhaize will:
- Develop machine learning applications according to requirements.
- Support in identifying data requirements at scale.
- Act as ML expert, sharing knowledge between brands and helping to promote best practices.
- Document data processing flow for renewal and productionizing
- Work with data scientists and tech to build unit, integration, and model validation tests in place.
- Identify, design, and implement strategy for data scientists across our organization to share code and environments.
- Advice business teams and bring ideas together.
Your new office
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will work at and across Ahold Delhaize where approximately 370,000 employees worldwide serve over 50 million customers a week. Locally, you’ll be working with 1,500 colleagues in Zaandam, the Netherlands. We improve and innovate every day, supporting our trusted local brands and reinforcing our role as a leader in retail and e-commerce.
Everything you do with your colleagues is directly visible in our internal departments. You will be joining the newly formed Data Science & Analytics team. In this team we deliver scalable data products and building bridges between the different data science & analytics teams from our brands. Themes we are working on are relevance, personalization, forecasting, eCommerce and self-service analytics
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
Dit bieden we jou
At Ahold Delhaize we want to grow. That is only possible if you grow with us. That is why you get access to best in class guidance and inspiring training, to shape your own development and career. As we work together to build on our brand as well as your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A gross yearly salary up to € 76K + 8% vacation pay, so you can enjoy a well-deserved rest.
- a bonus on top of your salary.
- a very good pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%.
- 20 vacation days.
- A budget choice which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days (+12,5 days), discounts or pay-outs.
- the possibility to attend training courses at our expense.?
- attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
- a laptop and telephone.
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year.
- flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- a travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam, when we return to office.
- A new role in a new team, where you can add a lot of value.
Dit breng je mee
At Ahold Delhaize you’ll be working for one of the biggest retailers in the world. You are bursting with ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:?
- Master Computer Science, Data Science or other relevant studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience and interest.
- 4-7 years of experience as a Data Engineer, Scientist or ML Engineer (ideally focused on working with production team aspect of roles).
- Advanced Experience in Python or another programming language and cloud platform knowledge, preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with open-source technologies like Spark, AirFlow and Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience in MLDevOps tools including Git, Docker, CI/CD pipelines and REST API’s.
- You are familiar with formats like parquet and delta, experience with streaming data is a plus.
- You have seen notebooks that transfer DataFrames to JSON to loop data only to then transfer back to the DataFrame and maintained your cool while improving the code runtime.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop in and join us on our expedition. Apply now via the button on this page. In addition, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for Ahold Delhaize?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position and what kind of technical skills do you bring with you for this role?
- What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?
Want to learn more first, before you apply? Erwin Schuur, Talent Acquisition Partner, is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via email@example.com