Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Location: Zaandam headquarters & from home
Fulltime 40 hours
Join a front-runner in retail to work on our largest deals for both the Netherlands and for our European brands.
As Strategic Sourcing Specialist at Ahold Delhaize, you deliver the best sourcing solution by creating sustainable and measurable additional value for NFR (Not for Resale) goods and services. You ensure continued availability of NFR goods and services, contribute to savings, reduce unmanaged spend, assure vendor due diligence and provide great advice and service to Business Owners.
Hi, we are Ahold Delhaize, a global family of caring brands
Helping people eat well, save time, and live better. That is what Ahold Delhaize (54m weekly customers, 410k colleagues) stands for. As one of the world’s largest and most forward-thinking food retail groups, our global family of local brands creates inspiring shopping experiences. Whether people shop at brick-and-mortars, prefer quick pick-ups, or opt for the convenience of ordering online, Ahold Delhaize delivers.
We are growing our business responsibly. We advocate and accelerate sustainable retailing, responsible sourcing, support local communities, and help customers make healthier choices in a world in transition. That requires the courage and wholeheartedness to have convictions and stand up for what we believe in. It also takes a growth-hacking mindset: tomorrow’s opportunities call for tomorrow’s skills. But most of all, it requires us to be there for the people and communities we serve. #daretocare
In this role you will be part of the NFR Netherlands team responsible for the strategic sourcing within the Marketing category on local and European level. More specifically for the subcategories Strategic Agencies, Digital Marketing & Monetization, Media Buy and Data & Insights.
As Strategic Sourcing Manager, your main responsibilities lie within:
• Developing and executing the category strategy;
• Supplier selection and contracting;
• Internal stakeholder management;
• Supplier relations management.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager reports to the Director NFR Sourcing, The Netherlands & Belgium and cooperates intensively with the European Category Director Marketing & Supplies & Packaging.
Dit bieden we jou
Your new office
Not For Resale sourcing (NFR) is organized to optimally leverage Ahold Delhaize’s footprint in Europe and drive Ahold Delhaize’s saving programs. As strategic sourcing manager in Europe, you work together in cross-border category teams to run European and local sourcing events.
We are a European department with teams in 6 European countries in which Ahold Delhaize is active. The NFR department is responsible for sourcing all Not For Resale goods and services. Collaboration with various stakeholders within our strong local brands enable us to act as one company towards our suppliers and provide better value for our brands.
Working within NFR means working with skilled colleagues and real sourcing and marketing experts. The team is characterized by an open communication style, everyone helps each other and is flexible.
NFR consists of eight sourcing categories:
- Corporate services
- Facility services
- Supplies & Packaging
This is how you keep growing
Ahold Delhaize is growing enthusiastically, but sustainably. If we can grow while having a more positive impact on people or our planet, we’re going for it. We encourage all of our 410,000 colleagues to share this attitude on a personal level, so opportunities to master new skills and expand your capabilities are a given.
What do we offer?
- A gross annual salary of € 80K, attractive bonuses, plus a first-rate pension plan with a personal contribution of just 6.2%
- A company car
- The development and career prospects you associate with a global player: best-in-class coaching, well-constructed growth paths and international, cross-brand career options
- 20 vacation days, supplemented by a personal budget: take an additional 12.5 days off, opt for discounts, or simply take the cash
- Flexible working hours, the option to work from home (yes, post-pandemic as well) or to choose a hybrid mix
- A powerful laptop and a smartphone
- Travel allowance, discounts on health insurance and groceries
- The chance to drive meaningful change – healthy, affordable, sustainably produced food matters – on a truly global scale
- Membership in a lively and diverse community that wholeheartedly embraces courage, inspires growth, and dares to care
We welcome caring colleagues who
- Combine a Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business or a related commercial field with a minimum of 4-7 years of relevant work experience, preferably within indirect procurement in a corporate environment.
- Experience and networks in the Marketing and or Media area are key, moreover: specific marketing sourcing - and or Media buy experience within retail and/ or FMCG is a plus.
- Preferably with a track record in the area’s Digital Marketing & Monetization and Media Buy.
- A minimum of 4-7 years of commercial working experience within sourcing of indirect spend or in the above mentioned areas of expertise.
- A track record in delivering savings and/or a passion for (international) trade, sourcing and retail.
- Ability to work with legal templates.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Are native in Dutch and fluent in English.
- Bring solid commercial and financial qualities to the table – a must because you will negotiate and challenge when needed.
Also, you possess the following key competences. You are:
- Conceptually and strategically a strong thinker with a pragmatic and hands-on attitude.
- Persuasive and have strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Sensitive, a team player and a strong stakeholder manager.
- A good planner and organizer, as well as independent.
Dit breng je mee
- A challenging job for a person that is attracted to absorbing and deepening a wide variety of marketing topics.
- A dynamic and challenging job with various internal and external stakeholders.
- An inspiring position in an international (European) work environment.
- Lots of responsibility and room for own initiatives.
Application process explained
In order to apply for this role, we request an updated resume (preferably in pdf). In addition, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- What draw you to apply for the position of Strategic Sourcing Manager at Ahold Delhaize?
- What experience (if any) in or knowledge of sourcing /procurement do you already have;
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position? Please indicate one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
Please don’t apply via email, but apply via the application button on the website and kindly be advised that for this role, knowledge of the Dutch language is required.