Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Manager Tactical Sourcing at Ahold Delhaize Not for Resale (NFR)
Interested in working in an international procurement environment where you implement efficient sourcing solutions?
Manager Tactical Sourcing (MTS) is a new role with a new team. As MTS you drive the end-to-end tactical sourcing process for Ahold Delhaize Europe. Your focus will be to contribute to our annual saving target by reducing the unmanaged spend. You define, develop and establish procurement excellence strategies, frameworks, methodologies and common ways of working for the procurement of NFR tactical goods and services. Next to this, you lead the team of 8 Tactical Sourcing Specialists in 6 countries and deliver savings for our local retail brands.
In this role you ensure availability of tactical NFR goods and services, provide excellent customer service to Business Owners in Ahold Delhaize’s operating units and align with Category Directors on category strategies and saving targets. In addition, you drive continuous procurement capability and process optimization activities to minimize TCO and unmanaged spend, and to maximize value for the Business Owners.
Your job within NFR, as part of Ahold Delhaize
All activities are performed on European level, collaborating closely with NFR’s Category Directors and with Ahold Delhaize’s operating units in Europe. You functionally lead a team of 8 local Tactical Sourcing Specialist (TSS). Each TSS manages the end-to-end tactical sourcing processes locally, for his/her assigned country, but within the European NFR context. Just like the TSS, you work across NFR’s eight indirect procurement categories (such as corporate services, logistics and marketing).
- Drive the design and implementation of the tactical sourcing process
You align with Category Directors on their category strategy, promote EU tenders, ensure supplier due diligence & performance monitoring is done correctly, review sourcing processes by analyzing KPIs and metrics, perform stakeholder management within all countries and drive process improvement.
- Lead the Tactical Sourcing team
You are the central point of contact and ensure effective sourcing. You share best practices with stakeholder groups (e.g. tools, templates etc.) and embed change. By aligning with NFR Country Managers on performance of the team, you manage the Tactical Sourcing Specialists and ensure one common EU way of working across the team.
- Support the development of the NFR Sourcing function
You engage successfully with stakeholders and play a vital role in the development of the NFR Sourcing department within Ahold Delhaize. You implement/enhance functionality (processes and systems), manage projects and introduce tooling.
- Reduce unmanaged spend
You aim for a decrease in unmanaged spend by the end of each period. You define unmanaged spend objectives together with Category Directors, create advice reports (currently unmanaged spend is handled in the countries and not yet within NFR) and manage spend reduction projects and targets.
- Manage performance of selected sourcing processes at our outsourcing partner.
Your new workplace - The NFR Operational Procurement Team
Not for Resale sourcing (NFR) is organized to optimally leverage Ahold Delhaize’s footprint in Europe and drive Ahold Delhaize’s save-4-our customer programs. Sourcing professionals in Europe work together in cross-border category teams to run European and local sourcing events.
The Operational Procurement (OP) team enables source-to-settle solutions within EU NFR ensuring sourcing professionals and Ahold Delhaize operating units can contract and order NFR goods and services seamlessly on a daily basis.
As Manager Tactical Sourcing you report to the Operational Procurement Director, who ensures operational activities are managed properly within NFR, Ahold Delhaize’s European local operating units and other departments making use of OP’s systems and processes.
Dit bieden we jou
What we offer
At Ahold Delhaize we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. And as we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
• A competitive annual gross salary up to €82K.
• Access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career.
• 20 vacation days, and Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12,5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out.
• Flexible working hours.
• A laptop and mobile phone.
• An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%
• A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam.
• A bonus on top of your salary.
• Attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
• 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 per year.
Dit breng je mee
What you bring
Experience in a (strategic) sourcing or similar management role within an international organization will help you succeed in this role. You complement this with:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree on University level in a relevant field (e.g. Operations, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance) or relevant alternative combination of formal (procurement-related) qualifications and additional specialized studies.
- At least 5-7 years of work experience in a similar role, where you gained experience in the sourcing process and ran complex transformation and optimization projects.
- You bring a strong business acumen with strong strategic thinking and conceptual skills. With your commercial and financial acumen you identify saving and improvement opportunities. Next to this you’re a strong business partner to internal stakeholders, who influences behavior and drives decision making.
- In-depth knowledge of the procurement function, systems/tools, methodologies and understanding of procurement processes management.
- IT competences with desktop applications and legacy systems to track sourcing events and interpret data.
- You’re used to working in a complex multi-functional environment, where you take full ownership and work independently, with (limited) supervision of your manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch.
This is not a role for you if:
- You’re looking for a department where everything is set in stone and processes/manuals are all in place yet;
- You want to become a specialist in a specific indirect procurement category;
- You prefer a static work environment without stakeholder management.
Please send us an updated resume (preferably in pdf). In addition, please do not send a standard motivation letter, but formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working within the Retail organization of Ahold Delhaize?
- What attracts you in the position of Tactical Sourcing Manager within a procurement setting?
- What experiences do you already have in a similar role, that could be a great addition to this one?
- What do you wish to improve or develop in your current skillset, work related or on a personal level?
Please apply online via our website and address your application to Tess van der Poel (Talent Acquisition Partner).