Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
As a Medior Machine Learning Engineer at Albert Heijn Technology, you will be part of our ambitious Data Science team.
You will work closely together with Data Scientists as well as business and technology stakeholders to deliver scalable and robust data science products that improve Albert Heijn s operations and add value for millions of Albert Heijn customers.
The Data Science team consists of +/- 20 enthusiastic Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers with different professional backgrounds and nationalities.
In the core of our Data Science team is the belief that we can create value and impact by focusing on our values; collaboration, transparency, ownership of our work and becoming specialists in our craft.
Experimentation is a fundamental aspect of our work, so we value exploring new avenues and we want to see failed experiments as a learning experience.
We are seeking individuals that share the same values as we do, naturally enthusiastic, with energy and passion for their work. In this role, you will have the chance to improve your current skills and acquire new ones. You will experiment with new approaches, learn, and improve to rapidly move forward. More specifically, as a Medior Machine Learning Engineer at AH Technology you will:
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and deployment of scalable machine learning solutions
- Participate in product software design, estimation, and planning sessions
- Contribute to our evolution/improvement of our MLOps activities and way of working
- Continually improve your coding and machine learning skills, with the assistance of Senior members as well as through participation of trainings
- Stay up to date with new technologies that will ensure our technology stack stays up to date
- Closely collaborate with Product Owners, Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers as part of a cross-functional product team
- Assist in hiring new members
Dit bieden we jou
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one food retailer in the Netherlands. We ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, we re always there for you. And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it s truer than ever! Now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you will be part of AH Technology, a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech. At AH Technology, our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We re continuously analyzing the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That s why we re investing heavily in data, tech and digital to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food Tech company.
Are you curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with highly qualified professionals in an open environment. Expertise is valued, we learn from each other, and we have the freedom to create innovative solutions and make a real impact. As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you are part of the Strategy & Analytics department. Your colleagues will be Data Scientists with a background in AI, Computer Engineering, Econometrics, Psychology, as well as other data-savvy people. Together with them, and the other two Team Leads you play an essential role in creating impact through the development of data science solutions. Next to this, other Albert Heijn departments, our shops, supply chain, and real estate play a key role as your stakeholders.
For more information about AH Technology you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
Dit breng je mee
At AH Technology, you will be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, or related discipline
- 2-4 years of experience as a Data Engineer, Data Scientist or ML Engineer
- Solid experience writing in Python programming language
- Ability to produce quality, maintainable and testable code
- Experience with the fundamental software engineering concepts, e.g., data structures, design patterns, DRY, SOLID, YAGNI, TDD
- Experience building software in a collaborative environment
- Familiar with building CI/CD routines
- Familiar with the underlying industry standard machine learning models and statistical concepts
- Have attention to detail and critical thinking
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to explain tech matters
- Being a team player
- Thirst for knowledge and continuous learning
Items from this list are considered a bonus
- Containers and orchestrator tools, e.g., Kubernetes
- Development and deployment of REST APIs
- Creating PySpark applications and working with large datasets
- Familiar with Cloud concepts and services
- Experience in rolling machine learning models in production (MLOps, model life cycle management, monitoring)
- A production stability and automation mindset
At AH Technology, we aim to grow, and that is only possible if you grow with us.
That is why you get access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career.
As we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive salary up to € 62,000. - gross a year. (excl. holiday allowance)
- A bonus on top of your salary
- 25,5 vacation days
- A budget choice in which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days (+19,5 days), discounts or pay-outs
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%
- Courses from our Albert Heijn Data Academy
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam
- A MacBook Pro and iPhone
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Apply via the button on this page. We ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position and what kind of technical skills do you bring with you for this role?
- What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?
Want to know more before you apply for our role at AH Technology? Peter Dirks, Talent Acquisition Partner Data Science & Analytics, is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via email@example.com