Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
For our operational brands in the Netherlands (Albert Heijn, Etos and Gall & Gall) we are looking for a Project Consultant with a Finance background who can be a linking pin between a project manager and is a finance techie. Someone who is change minded, driven and enjoy in taking on challenging projects.
Does this interest youand do you have excellent communication skills, both in Dutch (required!) and English? Please take your time and read the vacancy.
The objective for the Business Process Improvement (BPI) team is to manage and support change. Our main responsibility is to drive and realize the Business Services Finance Change & Improvement agenda, by conducting a wide variety of projects. You will be participating in various projects that have impact on finance processes to make sure that these initiatives fit into the Business Services catalogue.
You can use project management skills, agile way of working and process optimization techniques to realize and secure smart and scalable solutions.
What would be a “normal” working day look like, you wonder?
- Well, you will be a part of a team consisting of finance professionals who are self-starting, independent and have a strong drive to realize change;
- You will be participating in a broad spectrum of business projects and represent Business Services Finance as a true representative and connector;
- Also, you will be building a broad network of internal customers / stakeholders (business management, business controllers, project leads, IT departments, Genpact);
- You (re-)design end-to-end financial processes, including the necessary controls, ensuring that our stakeholders can conduct business in an efficient and effective manner;
- Overall you will be developing and applying project management, will work agile and use process optimization techniques and are an active participant in project decision taking.
Dit bieden we jou
Within Ahold Delhaize, the Business Services Finance (BSF) department has two main departments underneath this structure: 1) the Finance & Accounting Operations and 2) the BSF Projects department. BSF Projects hosts three project teams:
- Business Process Improvement (BPI): Team with five consultants who participate in business projects to make sure that all business processes have future proof, standardized and in control back office solutions;
- Finance & Accounting Transformation (F&A T, also a vacancy available): Team with four consultants who drive finance transformation projects to ensure a future ready finance function. This is done by creating world class finance processes which are automated to the extent possible;
- Robotics Process Automation (RPA): Team with a core team of four internal RPA specialists and a flexible external developer pool. Together the team drives the automation of work agenda by developing & maintaining administrative robots, conversational (chat)bots, and other automation techniques.
As BPI Consultant your home base is the Icoon building, but you will walk several miles between de Icoon and our head office.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
Dit breng je mee
Here at Ahold Delhaize we aim to grow. This is only possible if you grow along with us. That’s why we help you to take your career and personal development in the direction you want to go. As we work together to build on our brand as well as your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- The opportunity to be part of team of finance professionals that is responsible for a challenging Improvement Agenda, contributing to Ahold Delhaize’s strategy of Simplicity and Efficient Finance Solutions;
- Work in the dynamic and continuously changing environment of Ahold Delhaize and food retail in general;
- An environment where development and sharing of content knowledge and personal skills are an integral part of work.
Besides a dynamic environment, you can count on:
- a gross monthly salary up to € 4.000,- (per 40 hours) based on your experience level and the level of peers in the same role.
- 25,5 vacation days and 19,5 extra (work-reduction) days off, with the option of having the extra days off paid out.
- vacation pay, so you can enjoy a well-deserved rest.
- an excellent pension plan with an employee contribution of 5.3%.
- reimbursement for travel expenses to and from Zaandam.
- guaranteed dividends as well as attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
- a laptop and phone (iPhone or Samsung).
- a 10%-discount on your groceries at our Albert Heijn stores up to €300 per year.
- regular fun events, and delectable samplings with free products.
- A University degree in for example Business Administration, Economics, or other relevant (financial) area;
- Work experience of 2 - 4 years as a (Project) Consultant, project manager or similar job profile. Process design experience and tech savviness is a big plus;
- You are a process thinker: knowledge of (retail) processes is a plus but not required;
- You have strong analytic skills, are self-starting and independent;
- In possession of strong communication skills and advising skills. Kick ass pitching skills are a plus;
- Some projects may require travelling to foreign Ahold Delhaize and/or Genpact locations.
What is our ideal candidate? Someone who…
- …simply wants to be part of the best team within Business Services Finance;
- …is driven by implementing core financial services and participate in a broad spectrum of projects;
- …stand out as partner for change within the organization;
- …can be a self-starter, can analyze data and loves to do this;
- …is not scared to think outside the box and to present a pitch for a broad public.
Seeing is experiencing. This applies to our stores and our office in Zaandam, perhaps your new workplace, where you, as a Consultant BPI, can influence the most famous Dutch retail brands.
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Partner can tell you a lot more about this position via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t apply via this email address, but apply via the button on the website.
Interested and would like to apply?
In order to apply for this role, we request an updated resume (preferably in pdf). In addition, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- What draw you to apply for the position of Consultant BPI at Ahold Delhaize?
- What experiences do you already have in a similar role, that could be similar to this one;
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position? Please indicate one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop.
Deadline and Recruitment process
After the 24th of Januari 23:59 we will take the time to go through every single application. The interview process will consist of an online assessment, two interviews and an interesting business case. Don't wait untill the very end to apply, since we will review resumes prior to the deadline.
Note for recruitment agencies:
We appreciate your enthusiasm and think it’s great you noticed this vacancy ánd have the perfect fitted candidate for the job. We believe we can find this perfect candidate as well and have proven to be very successful in the past. Therefore, we only approach agencies ourselves and only with which we have a good understanding.