Wat ga je doen?
As senior team member in the Financial Planning & Analysis team of Ahold Delhaize Group you provide the Executive Committee, Supervisory Board and other stakeholders with timely, accurate and meaningful insights. In Ahold Delhaize the FP&A department is called Business Planning and Performance (BPP). You will be giving insights into the present financial performance and delivery of key strategic initiatives and with best estimates of the future performance and direction of the Ahold Delhaize business. In this role you can challenge, drive and support the brands to improve their business performance in order to meet the financial and strategic objectives.
Your new workspace and colleagues.
Ahold Delhaize is one of world’s largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves over 50 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. In Europe, in most of the countries we are the number 1 or 2 supermarket company, leader in specialty stores such as Albert Heijn and Delhaize, and in the Netherlands we own the leading e-commerce company, Bol.com.
Each brand shares a passion for delivering great food, value and innovations, and for creating inclusive workplaces that provide rewarding professional opportunities. Our brands have also established meaningful, lasting commitments to strengthen local communities, source responsibly and help customers make healthier choices.
Your workspace is located in the head office in Zaandam, but you will be in close contact with our brands across Europe and the US.
Wat bieden we?
- A challenging job and career for a person that is attracted to an international global finance environment;
- Nice perspective on further career development;
- Work in the dynamic international environment of Ahold Delhaize with colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience;
- An excellent benefits package.
As Senior Analyst FP&A you work on a variety of assignments. This includes:
- Preparing reports of periodic and quarterly results for internal and external audiences;
- Providing detailed insights into these results by writing narratives and presenting relevant analysis;
- Supporting a number of local CFO’s and FP&A teams as the main contact point from GSO FP&A;
- Creating ad hoc reports and analysis based on the requests of senior management;
Other tasks are:
- Build relationships and connect frequently with the local brands to get insights on results, initiatives and strategy;
- Identify, propose and drive continuous improvement / reporting simplification areas;
- Create value through building expertise in core global themes, by facilitating as a main point of contact for local FP&A teams;
- Supporting regular planning processes;
- Review investment proposals and performing other requests from the Supervisory Board, Executive Committee for specific (financial) analyses.
- A master degree in Business Administration or Economics, where a post Master-degree (RA, RC, RE, RO) is a plus;
- A minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience in finance within a role as business controller, business analyst or for example Mergers & Acquisitions;
- Knowledge of financial and (retail) business processes;
- The ability to write narratives, based on financial reports;
- Some knowledge of project management;
- You are fluent / native in English. Writing and speaking the Dutch language is a plus but not required.
Also, the following key competences are required for this job. You:
- are in possession of strong analytical skills and the ability to simplify / analyze complex financial areas;
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills; e.g. open but persuasive, organization sensitive and able to work on different levels in the organization;
- have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills;
- are accurate and a bit of a perfectionist;
- are a team player.
Seeing is believing. That is a fact for our local stores, but certainly also for our head office in Zaandam, the Netherlands. Perhaps Ahold Delhaize is your new workplace where you as Senior Analyst FP&A will be part of a great and dynamic BPP team. Apply now with resume an cover letter and best before the March 22!
Would you like to learn more first before applying? Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Specialist can tell you a lot more about this position via +316 82 48 28 59 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.