Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Do you want to make big impact, work for over 10 international brands within Ahold Delhaize (e.g. Albert Heijn, Bol.com. Delhaize, Stop & Shop and Food Lion) and work within our newly formed European Data Science & Analytics team? Then we are looking for you.
As Senior Data Scientist at Ahold Delhaize, you are an experienced data scientist who will work closely together with our data science and analytics teams from our brands (Albert Heijn, Delhaize, Etos etc.) and the regional US team. We seek mutual opportunities, work together on implementing state-of-the-art data solutions and help them taking data science and analytics to a higher level. You are experienced in identifying, implementing and improving data solutions driving sustainable value for our customers and businesses. You participate in the cross functional teams with the lead brands. As a senior data scientist you will create impact at scale, as we want to scale and leverage these solutions across the brands.
In this European team we are organized around three domains within data science: forecasting, search and personalization & relevance. In the team you will be working with data scientists, data analysts, data governance experts, experimentation experts and ML engineers. As a senior data scientist you will take projects from idea through proof of concepts to release as live products, together with our data platform teams. Within these domains we are looking for Senior Data Scientists. You will be mentored by a principal data scientist.
We work in an omni-channel context, where we focus on improving the customer experience and driving sustainable business value. E-commerce is a high strategic priority in this. Examples of products you will be working on are developing and scaling recommender systems (like cross sell, substitutes, personalized offers), personalized customer journeys (like personalized content and nexst-best-action engine), improving our search functionality for our websites and apps and improving demand forecast for e-Commerce.
As our Senior Data Scientist you will lead data science projects. You will build connections with the data scientists within Ahold Delhaize to build solutions together, such that knowledge and algorithms can be shared to other brands. To do so we have a global data science community with ~70 data experts, enhancing transparency, collaboration and developing together.
You’re a pragmatic scientist who likes getting his/her hands dirty. Because of your good communication skills you collaborate well with the team of data analysts, ML engineers and IT. Together you will improve numerous processes and the experiences of millions of customers every single day.
?As Senior Data Scientist at Ahold Delhaize you:
- Provide guidance and coaching to business stakeholders on how data science techniques can support business decisions and/or solve business challenges creating business value
- Translating analysis into scalable algorithms in order to minimize repetitive work and to drive a data-driven, real-time and personal customer experience.
- Build, train and validate data science techniques using a process which ensures proper methodology, choices in solutions and architecture.
- You understand the importance of fairness and ethical use of AI
- Build a network of relevant people (internal and external) to gain access to cutting edge data methodologies and share knowledge and best practices.
- Explore new data science options for our brands and keep developing business driven data science solutions.
- Have a pragmatic mindset; you understand the larger data science picture, the dot on the horizon, and have a very pragmatic approach to this.
- Use your experience and knowledge to mature our Data Science team and perfect our agile way of working.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will work at and across Ahold Delhaize where approximately 370,000 employees worldwide serve over 50 million customers a week. Locally, you’ll be working with 1,500 colleagues in Zaandam, the Netherlands. We improve and innovate every day, supporting our trusted local brands and reinforcing our role as a leader in retail and e-commerce.
You will be joining the newly formed Data Science & Analytics team. In this team we deliver scalable data products and building bridges between the different data science & analytics teams from our brands.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
Dit bieden we jou
At Ahold Delhaize we want to grow. That is only possible if you grow with us. That is why you get access to best in class guidance and inspiring training, to shape your own development and career. As we work together to build on our brand as well as your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- a gross yearly salary up to €76k + 8% vacation pay, so you can enjoy a well-deserved rest.
- a bonus on top of your salary.
- a very good pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%.
- 20 vacation days.
- A budget choice which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days (+12,5 days), discounts or pay-outs.
- the possibility to attend training courses at our expense.?
- attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
- a laptop and telephone.
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year.
- flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- a travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam, when we return to office.
- A new role in a new team, where you can add a lot of value.
Dit breng je mee
At Ahold Delhaize, you'll be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:
- A Master in Data Science, Mathematics, Econometrics, Computer Science or other relevant (technical) studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience and results.
- 4-7 years of experience as Data Scientist, preferable in a retail or tech company.
- Great communication skills; you explain complex matter in an easy and enthusiastic way to business stakeholders and connect (to) people.
- being proficient in programming tools like Spark, python, pandas, scikit-learn, Pytorch/Tensorflow. have good knowledge of tech stack elements including git, Visual studio code/Pycharm, python,databricks.
- knowing and using open-source eco-system of algorithms and tools.
- good knowledge of models – linear models, non-linear models, neural networks, optimization techniques, time series modeling.
- practical knowledge of demand forecast models, recommendation systems, search algorithms.
- statistical knowledge of hypothesis testing, A/B testing, ANOVA, correlations, similarity measures, factors of variations, different various probability distributions.
- Lots of examples of successfully implemented data science projects.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop onboard and join us on our expedition. Apply now via the button on this page. We ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for Ahold Delhaize?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position and what kind of technical skills do you bring with you for this role?
- What?is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?
Want to learn more first, before you apply? Maureen Ensink, Talent Acquisition Partner Data Science & Analytics is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via firstname.lastname@example.org