Dit ga je bij ons doen
As Senior Data Scientist at Albert Heijn, you are part of the Data Science team within the Strategy & Analytics department. You will play a crucial role in the strategy and impact with our data. Together with various departments in Albert Heijn – such as Store, Commerce, eCommerce and Supply Chain – and teams within Strategy & Analytics (Digital, Commerce and Operations) we work on many different use-cases that will improve our customer experience and numerous processes.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Albert Heijn you will:
- Have a leading role in building models and algorithms specifically for our use-cases
- Work in multidisciplinary product teams and closely to our business stakeholders
- Use your experience and knowledge to mature the Data Science department and perfectionize our agile way of working
- Help shape thought leadership throughout Albert Heijn on AI/ML opportunities
- Forecasts, classify and recommend to get the most out of our data
Jouw nieuwe werkplek
As Senior Data Scientist you work at Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize. Albert Heijn is the number one food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you will be part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. At AH Technology, our smart professionals are creating digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Constantly rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, tech and digital. To transform from a supermarket into a leading food and technology company. So that as customers’ lives change, so can we.
Are you wondering whom to co-work with? Your colleagues will be other engineers and scientists, with a background in AI, Computer Engineering, Econometrics, Psychology or just data-savvy people. Together with them, you play an important role in creating impact through advanced data analysis. Next to this, other departments at Albert Heijn, de shops, supply chain and real estate play a key role in your stakeholder management.
Wat je krijgt
At Ahold Delhaize we want to grow. That is only possible if you grow with us. That is why you can go in all directions with us career wise and in your personal development. While we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on:
- flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- a very good pension plan with a personal contribution of 5.3%
- a travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam
- 20 vacation days
- A budget choice which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days (+12,5 days), discounts or pay-outs
- courses from our Albert Heijn Data Academy
- a bonus on top of your salary
- attractive discounts on various insurance policies
- a laptop and telephone
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year
- regularly fun promotions and delicious tastings with free products
Dit breng je mee
At Ahold Delhaize, you’ll be working for one of the biggest retailers in the world. You supplement this ambition with:
- Master in Data Science, Econometrics, Computer Science or other relevant studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience and interest.
- Minimal of 5 years of experience in a relevant field
- You like to coach and educate your colleagues. Furthermore, you can explain complex matter in an easy way and enthusiasm business stakeholders
- Outstanding analytical skills and data science knowledge
- Experience in forecasting and other Data Science techniques
- Advanced experience in Python or other programming language
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Databricks and visualization tools are a big plus
- You are data-curious, self-starter and want to make impact
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty
Solliciteer en kom binnen
Seeing is experiencing. This applies to our stores and certainly to our head office in Zaandam. Perhaps your new workplace where you as a Senior Data Scientist have influence on the most famous Dutch retail brands. Apply now via the button on this page. In addition, we would like to ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for Albert Heijn?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position and what kind of techincal skills do you bring with you for this role?
- What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?