Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Do you want to make impact at the biggest omni-channel food retailer in The Netherlands and help to grow our data-driven problem-solving skills in the organization? Then we're looking for you!
As a Data Scientist working on Search& Recommendation topics within our Data Science Digital Team, you have the chance to contribute to several important and highly impactful features and value propositions of Albert Heijn. Search on AH.nl, being one of the most crucial touchpoints on each eCommerce customer’s journey, is currently undergoing a change towards more personalized customer experience. The beloved Bonus Box (=personalized discount offers) with its own experimentation platform enables data scientists to test out new recommendation algorithms and provide even more value to loyal customers. Recommendations with the purpose of inspiring customers on their digital shopping journey can be found on several touchpoints on the website/app, aiming at making grocery shopping more interesting and convenient than ever.
Do these data challenges sound exciting to you? Next to these interesting challenges, you will also become part of a vibrant Data Science community, made up of 3 Data Science teams (the domains are Digital, Operations and Commerce) and one ML Engineering team. Your teammates have different backgrounds and nationalities, which we believe is an important asset. Typically, we work closely together with several parts of the organization and team up with different functions in order to build teams covering all the necessary roles. This will enable you to work with engineers and analysts as well as business stakeholders in order to deliver value for millions of customers every single day.
As Senior Data Scientist Search & Recommendation at AH Technology you:
- Take a leading role in building data solutions in the Search & Recommendation space for the eCommerce domain of Albert Heijn.
- Solve problems holistically through analysis, modelling and experimentation.
- Code, test and put algorithms into production that serve customers on AH.nl.
- Convey complex ideas to different audiences in an effective manner.
- Coach and mentor your colleagues.
- Help shape thought leadership throughout Albert Heijn on AI/ML opportunities.
- Work in multidisciplinary product teams and closely to our business stakeholders.
Your new office.
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands andBelgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today?
By joining our team, you will be part of AH Technology, a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech. You can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. At AH Technology, our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, tech and digital to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food Tech company.
Are you curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with highly qualified professionals in an open environment. Expertise is valued, we learn from each other, and we have the freedom to create innovative solutions and make a real impact. As a Senior Data Scientist, you are part of the Strategy & Analytics department. Your colleagues will be other engineers and scientists, with a background in AI, Computer Engineering, Econometrics, Psychology, as well as other data-savvy people. Together with them, you play an essential role in creating impact through advanced data analysis. Next to this, other Albert Heijn departments such as our Digital and eCommerce team play a key role as your stakeholders.
For more information about AH Technology you can also visit our website: ah.nl/technology
Dit bieden we jou
- A basic salary between € 63.000 and € 80.000 gross per year
- A bonus on top of your salary
- Holiday allowance (8%)
- 20 vacation days
- A budget choice in which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days off (+12,5 days), discounts or pay-outs
- Courses from our Albert Heijn Data Academy
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam, once possible again
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies
- A laptop and telephone
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year
Dit breng je mee
At AH Technology, you'll be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:
- A Master’s degree in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Econometrics, Computer Science or other relevant studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience and interest.
- 2+ years of experience with modern search and/or recommendation systems, or relevant academic experience (keywords: information retrieval, learning-to-rank, semantic search, product embeddings, recsys, etc.); experience with building customer-facing solutions in this area is a big plus
- Altogether 5+ years of experience as Data Scientist, preferably within an eCommerce environment.
- A desire to coach and mentor your colleagues.
- The ability to explain complex matter in an effective way to varied audiences
- Advanced experience in Python and preferably also Spark and in Cloud Platforms (we use Microsoft Azure and Databricks).
- Experience working with CI/CD and software engineering best practices, experience with ElasticSearch is a plus.
- You are based in The Netherlands.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop onboard and join us on our expedition. Apply now via the button on this page. If you'd like to know more about this role before applying, reach out to our Talent Acquisition Partner for Data & Analytics Erwin Schuur at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are also looking for a Medior Data Scientist Search & Recommendations, more information you will find via: https://werk.ah.nl/vacatures/medior-data-scientist-search-recommendations-zaandam-42828709/