Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Your new job and office
FoodTech is hot! You want: architecture, greenfield engineering, impact, scale. You don’t want: to move away from coding as your core activity. If that is you, continue reading
The company: About AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So, for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands.
Over 1,000 stores? Check.
The leading online food retail platform? Check.
We build it, we run it and we love it.
So, what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make shopping simpler and more inspiring, whether it is online or in our stores.
Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in tech. And that includes investing in your career!
Dit bieden we jou
Our Engineering enablement department has a purpose to accelerate our teams worldwide, so they can deliver quality customer value faster and autonomously. We provide this enablement power on technical platforms, Cloud, technical paved roads and DevSecOps tooling. Examples of great products that we deliver are “Storm” (our cloud framework and platform) and “Beast” (our engineering paved roads). Built with and for our engineering community.
As Senior Observability Engineer within Engineering Enablement you design, develop and optimize our Observability solution. From this position you are also involved with implementation throughout the organization. This isn’t a mission you take on solo, but as a full-fledged member of the Observability engineering team that is responsible to create the Observability product with the capabilities around Monitoring, Alerting, Logging and Tracing. Following Inner-Sourcing principles, you will work with users and maintainers throughout the whole organization to fit your ideas into the bigger picture. Accelerate our product teams, so they can deliver quality customer value faster and autonomously.
This Is How You Will Reinvent Food Retail
- Build our Cloud products, technical platforms, or paved roads with state-of-the-art technology.
- You are a specialist in your field and will help decide the best technical architecture and solutions for our complete organization.
- Being part of the larger enablement community and helping us get better every day.
- Working with an “open-source and build yourself” mentality in a corporate environment: inner-sourcing.
Your ‘shopping list’
- Around 5 years of experience in the Observability space;
- You have hands-on experience with OpenTelemetry, the ELK and/or Grafana stack;
- You’re able to explain Observability and Site Reliability Engineering (SLI/SLO and Error budgets) to our engineering community;
- You have experience with Azure, Open-source tooling and Kubernetes;
- You love to take the engineering to the next level with IaC/GitOps tooling like ArgoCD or Terraform!
In the end you are the sparring partner for product teams to improve their Observability and ensure they get insights into their Performance and Availability to quickly diagnose and solve outages.
- An annual salary of up to €87k based on a full-time workweek.
- Attractive bonus plan, travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone.
- Generous retirement plan with a solid contribution from Albert Heijn.
- 32,5 days of paid leave (20 holidays and 12,5 additional days of the flexible budget) to enjoy your well-deserved holidays.
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy ‘to boldly go where no one has gone before’ that typifies scaleups.
Dit breng je mee
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent tomorrow’s food shopping experience. Adam Taimount(Talent Acquisition Specialist) is more than happy to tell you more. Contact Adam via email@example.com