Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Location: Head Office Ahold Delhaize Zaandam, Icoon and partially from home
Responsible for all Logistics related spend, you can make an impact by building strong relations with suppliers, internal stakeholders and executing the category strategy.
Are you interested in working in an international procurement field, where you investigate better opportunities? Then this could be a role fit for you.
Note that we are looking for people who already live in the Netherlands.
The job itself
In this role you will be part of the Not for Resale (NfR) Netherlands team and more specifically responsible for the strategic sourcing within the Logistics category. This category contains all logistic related spend needed for our stores and distribution centers.
As Strategic Sourcing Manager, your main responsibilities lie within:
- Developing and executing the category strategy;
- Supplier selection and contracting;
- Internal stakeholder management;
- Supplier relations management.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager reports to the Director NFR Sourcing, The Netherlands & Belgium and cooperates intensively with the European Category Director Logistics.
Your new office
Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest food retail groups. A leader in supermarkets and e-commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves more than 54 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. We are dedicated to helping customers eat well, save time and live better.
Working at Ahold Delhaize means working at a company with global impact. Together with our strong local brands we impact our customers and society. We have a passion for delivering great food, value and innovations, and for creating inclusive workplaces that provide rewarding professional opportunities. You learn from the best professionals in the field and will face career opportunities, nationally and internationally.
Not for Resale sourcing (NfR) is organized to optimally leverage Ahold Delhaize’s footprint in Europe and drive Ahold Delhaize’s save-4-our customer programs. As strategic sourcing manager in Europe, you work together in cross-border category teams to run European and local sourcing events.
We are a European department with teams in 6 European countries in which Ahold Delhaize is active. The NfR department is responsible for sourcing all Not for Resale goods and services. Collaboration with various stakeholders within our strong local brands enable us to act as one company towards our suppliers and provide better value for our brands.
NfR consists of eight sourcing categories:
- Corporate services;
- Facility services;
- Supplies & Packaging;
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
Dit bieden we jou
- An inspiring position in an international (European) work environment;
- A dynamic and challenging job with various internal and external stakeholder;
- A challenging job for a person that is attracted to an international sourcing environment.
At Ahold Delhaize we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. And as we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- Access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career
- A competitive gross salary (per year) with a minimum of € 45K and a max of € 77,5K (including holiday allowance);
- 20 vacation days and extra free time, depending on the salary scale;
- Flexible working hours;
- An excellent pension plan with an employee contribution of 6.2%;
- Reimbursement for travel expenses to and from Zaandam;
- Vacation pay, so you can enjoy a well-deserved rest;
- Guaranteed dividends;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- A laptop and phone;
- A 10%-discount on your groceries at our Albert Heijn stores up to €300 per year;
- Regular fun events, and delectable samplings with free products.
Dit breng je mee
For this role you are successful if you check the following boxes:
- HBO/ academic level;
- Experience and networks in the Logistics area are key, moreover: specific logistic sourcing experience within retail and/ or FMCG and/ or logistic service providers is required;
- A minimum of 4-7 years of commercial working experience within sourcing of indirect spend;
- A track record in delivering savings and a passion for (international) trade, sourcing and retail.
- Ability to work with legal templates;
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch language, both verbally as in writing;
- Willingness to travel;
- Strong negotiation skills.
Also, you possess the following key competences. You are:
- conceptually a strong thinker with a pragmatic and hands-on attitude;
- persuasive and have strong communication and negotiation skills;
- sensitive, a team player and a strong stakeholder manager;
- good planner and organizer, as well as independent.
Working at Ahold Delhaize means flexible working. From home and our headquarters in Zaandam. Do you want to play an active role in our dedication to help people eat well, save time and live better? Apply now!
Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to Ahold Delhaize? Tess van der Poel, Talent Acquisition Partner will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy and Ahold Delhaize via email@example.com.
Please make sure you apply via the system with your resume and cover letter. If you face problems in applying, then email me.