Dit ga je bij ons doen
As Specialist Sustainable Retailing at Ahold Delhaize you can make an impact by using your project management skills in driving our health and sustainability strategic ambitions and delivering on commitments to implement our strategy.
Our ideal candidate has a bachelor or master degree in a relevant field plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within an international organization.
Please be aware that your workplace is situated in Zaandam.
Jouw nieuwe werkplek
The Sustainable Retailing department advises our company on strategy related to health and sustainability, recommends clear goals and measures of success, supports the brands to implement innovative and ambitious action plans, and engages strategic external stakeholders to improve the company’s impact on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues. It is responsible for monitoring trends, measuring and reporting ESG performance to internal leadership and external stakeholders, and benchmarking Ahold Delhaize’s performance against peers.
As Specialist Sustainable Retailing (SR) Strategy you manage global projects to develop, review, and integrate the health and sustainability strategy of Ahold Delhaize. You are responsible for research (including trends summaries, benchmarking within and outside of food retail, and impact analysis) to inform strategic application of health and sustainability for AD, as part of company strategy.
Part of the job is also to recommend key engagement and education actions for the GSO SR team, to support understanding and integration of the strategy across the local brands and Global functions.
You report to the Vice President Sustainable Retailing.
Project management, Sustainable Retailing strategy:
- Strategic planning: Coordinate and maintain project plan and report on progress. Also collaborate with functional teams responsible for driving the Ahold Delhaize health and sustainability strategic ambitions and delivering on commitments to implement strategy;
- Change management: Develop and implement engagement plan to support key functions in integrating the strategy and goals into their processes;
- Internal engagement and capacity building: Coordinate with GSO HR team to identify opportunities for integrating sustainability into onboarding, learning and development programs;
- Topic-specific projects may be managed on an as-needed basis, to support the overall integration of the strategy.
Research of sustainability trends and impacts:
- Trends research: Efficiently track health and sustainability trends, then synthesize them into clear and concise materials to be used in increasing understanding of those trends across Ahold Delhaize leadership and local brands;
- Materiality analysis: Manage regular (annual or biennial) assessment to collect and synthesize stakeholder input on the environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics that are most significant for the company to address;
- Impact research: Conduct research of our health and sustainability impacts, in support of maintaining a strong strategic direction. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of leading practices in business sustainability impact assessment;
- Cross-functional coordination: Engage with local brands and Global Support Office (GSO) functions to understand perspectives on health and sustainability topics from across the business, collaborate with functional experts to benchmark our strategy and identify opportunities.
Inform and engage brand SR teams on strategy:
- Plan for and deliver meetings, workshops, or communication materials needed to keep the brand SR teams engaged with the global SR strategy development and implementation.
Wat je krijgt
- An inspiring position in an international work environment;
- Very dynamic and challenging job with various internal and external stakeholders.
Dit breng je mee
At Ahold Delhaize, you will work for one of the biggest retailers in the world. For this vacancy as Specialist Sustainable Retailing Strategy, you have the following skillset:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience, ideally in international business, including project management and sustainability-related research. You have passion for sustainability and demonstrated interest in driving societal impacts through more sustainable business practices;
- Fluent in English, language proficiency in Dutch and other languages relevant for the group’s operating area are a plus.
As a person, you bring the following competences with you:
- Communication skills (in English, both written and verbal), cross-cultural flexibility;
- Strategic thinking: Ability to synthesize complex health and sustainability topics and actions into clear and comprehensive action plan;
- Research skills: Ability to research technical topics and distill into clear and concise summaries;
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail;
- Meeting planning and facilitation skills;
- Coordination across cross-functional: multi-cultural teams to deliver a project
- Confidence to question and challenge the status quo, listen to other perspectives, and process feedback;
- Effective collaborator in non-hierarchical network of colleagues;
- Strong team player;
- High integrity and strong alignment to AD values;
- Works efficiently with strong prioritization and time management skills.
Solliciteer en kom binnen
If you have the feeling that this vacancy matches with your professional and personal profile, please apply via the website with your resume and short cover letter attached.
For more information you can contact Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com.
Please note that Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS and Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.