Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Join AH Technology: Reinventing Food Retail every day.
Ensuring the delivery of valuable mobile solutions that comply with the highest quality standards, so Albert Heijn customers have a better shopping experience.
Being a Tech Lead Mobile Development for the AH Customer Technology domain, means you are responsible for the technical architecture and development of Albert Heijn’s mobile apps Appie and AH Compact used by millions of customers in their daily shopping activities at Albert Heijn.
As a passionate Tech lead you will participate in the initiation of new cool initiatives (like building our mobile applications with Google’s UI toolkit Flutter). You will lead the teams in creating a vision for a clean mobile target architecture and support the teams to adopt this target architecture when refactoring code or developing new features. You will participate in standups and refinements, write code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, write unit-, widget- and integration tests and manage deployments. You will also give feedback on the standards and guidelines, initiation process, Enterprise Architecture or platform guidance to the Digital Tech Loyalty & Customer product- or platform Architect.
The Product Owner and Head of Digital Tech Loyalty & Customer are responsible for team dynamics, capabilities, budget or iOS, Android and Flutter development priorities, but as a subject matter expert you will be consulted or can give your valued opinion. Your efforts help the teams deliver extremely good performance. More specifically, as Tech Lead Mobile Development you:
- Will lead the teams in creating a vision for clean mobile target architecture;
- Will support the teams to adopt this target architecture when refactoring code or developing new features;
- Understand what new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language or new features in the SDK can help improve the product;
- Are a valued team lead, who facilitates and removes obstacles;
- Put the organization in a position to deliver value as quickly as possible;
- Ensure this is done using the most efficient tools and techniques;
- Work closely with the Head of Digital Tech Customer & Loyalty, Platform Architect, Product Owner and our mobile development community (about thirty five iOS, Android and Flutter Developers).
Your new office and colleagues
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team you are part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech. To further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate.
You will work in the Digital Tech Loyalty & Customer domain within the AH Customer Technology platform. This department is responsible for the development of the Appie app and the AH Compact app. Tech Loyalty & Customer counts eight Flutter Developers, but our community counts more than thirty five Mobile Developers, mostly experts in iOS and or Android development working on our cross-platform framework for Mobile app development with Flutter.
Are you going to help us to continue to build a successful IT organization? For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue to monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam. There you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place through video calls.
Dit bieden we jou
What do we offer?
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. And as we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive annual gross salary up to € 90.000 ;
- A bonus on top of your salary;
- 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
- Flexible working hours;
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%;
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year;
- A laptop and telephone.
Dit breng je mee
At AH Technology you'll be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new Tech Lead you bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering Bachelor certificate or Master degree is preferred;
- Strong experience as Developer of mobile apps, in native iOS/Android is a must. Experience with Flutter and Dart is a major advantage;
- Excellent git/Github skills are an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience on SOLID principles, clean architecture and unit/widget and integration testing;
- Outstanding command of English and Dutch (Dutch is not mandatory);
- A highly communicative personality with the ability to motivate and inspire people;
- A natural affinity for stakeholder management;
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Apply online!
Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to AH Technology?
Micha Lekawael, Talent Acquisition Partner – Technology, will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy and AH Technology through Micha.Lekawael@ah.nl.