Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Being a passionated Tech Lead for the AH Technology domain, means you are developing our software for our eCommerce by providing the best Event Streaming Platform.
Dit bieden we jou
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-)
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
This is how you will reinvent food retail
As a Tech Lead Event Streaming Platform for our Customer Technology platform, you will make Albert Heijn eCommerce ready for growth by providing the best Event streaming platform. You inspire our DevOps teams to use the power of event streaming applications using our Messaging platform based on Apache Kafka. Your knowledge, guidance and expertise will make our Messaging Platform even better and as reliable as possible. More specifically, as a Tech Lead Event Streaming, you will:
• Work with a state-of-the-art Kafka Event Streaming platform running in Kubernetes on Azure.
• Improve our infrastructure to make our platform even more scalable, reliable and secure.
• Facilitate our DevOps teams to make the best applications using our Event Streaming platform.
• Focus on automation and self-service, making it easier for developers to integrate.
• Spread the word and train our teams to adopt Kafka into their applications.
To maximize your impact as a Tech Lead, it is important that you really want this and make your team work efficiently. How do you make sure this happens?
And how do you create awesome solutions in a rapidly changing environment, where today's brilliant idea can be ‘past its expiration date’ tomorrow? You will work hard on those solutions and support your team, while weighing the effects on our architecture and managing dependencies like a boss. You also engage intensively with colleagues in the whole AH Tech department. In short, this is a fantastic and challenging role in which you work on great projects (see below) and help us to deliver on our promise to our millions of shopping customers. As for the setting: we actively promote autonomy and experimenting. Misadventures are learnings to be shared with your colleagues! Speaking of which, at AH Technology you work with the brightest minds in the data, digital and tech domains, so inspiration is never in short supply...
The right ingredients for an impactful job
- An annual salary of approx. 85K based on a full-time workweek.
- Bonus levels that match your position: travel expenses and a laptop and smartphone.
- Generous retirement benefits (6.2% employee contribution) and discounts on, e.g., insurance.
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? You’re the end boss!
- You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community – deep dive into our shared knowledge!
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy ‘to boldly go where no one has gone before’ that typifies scaleups.
- The opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and delicious diet.
The recipe for maximum customer impact:
- A Bachelors/Master degree of Information Technology
- Strong backend development experience in a DevOps environment
- Kafka application development experience
- Hands on experience in the Kafka ecosystem (Kafka connect, Kafka Streams, schema registry, KsqlDB, Mirror Maker, …)
- Enthusiasm to train colleagues and provide consulting services
- Fluent written and verbal English communication
- You enjoy teamwork, like working in greenfield settings and make things happen.
- You’re tech savvy, pro-active and have a big passion for tech.
Dit breng je mee
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent food shopping for generation Z. And beyond. Questions? Contact Adam Taimount via firstname.lastname@example.org