Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Does DATA and TECHNOLOGY run through your veins and do you want to contribute in building awesome data product that will impact the areas of Finance, Merchandising, Stores and Supply Chain within Albert Heijn? Then look no further: are you the new TECH LEAD who can bring our Food and Tech company to the next level?
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-)
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
This is how you will reinvent food retail
- You will translate the business roadmap to valuable data solutions, contribute to the initiation of new Data Products together with product management.
- You will have a close alignment with the other Tech Leads of the other Data Differentiation Platform clusters, teams within the cluster, Platform/Product/Data Architect, Data Engineers and Data Stewards.
- You will help the teams design, build and manage data pipelines to deliver Data Products.
- Design and co-develop architectures for new product applications (data, infrastructure, privacy and security).
- You will be a valued team member, who coaches, facilitates, and removes obstacles
As Tech Lead Retail Data, you contribute directly to the power of impacting our customers with the data, in the area of Finance, Merchandising, Stores and Supply Chain. A mission you won’t take on solo, but as a full-fledged (and very welcome) member of the Data Differentiation Platform team. You will work closely with our Head of Tech, Tech Leads from other Clusters and Development Teams, and liaise regularly with stakeholders from Retail Tech Platform, Retail Business, Operation Analytics, Commerce Analytics and Data Science community. Together you strive to deliver quality Data Products in an Agile setting. A challenging role, because we work with the newest technologies, we have a business full of fresh ideas and we're building a high performing data engineering team to deliver these awesome data products. This challenge can only be overcome if you utilize your collaboration and deep data engineering skills to the fullest and work with us to raise the bar and build this amazing team. The role mostly boils down to a mix of designing solutions and develop along, but the team also expects you to collaborate on operations and provide any guidance the team needs on the side. Much appreciated!
To maximize your impact as Tech Lead Retail Data, it is important that you want to ensure data engineering is done with top quality and you don't settle for less. You want to own the technical challenges and work with the best architects in the field to design and build the data products that impacts Albert Heijn's customers in their daily life. How do you make sure customers can trust and rely on your data products? And how do you create data products in a rapidly changing environment, where today's brilliant idea can be ‘past its expiration date’ tomorrow? You innovate and experiment, while weighing the effects on business processes and managing dependencies and stakeholders like a boss. You also engage intensively with colleagues in the Retail Technology, Operation Analytics, Commerce Analytics and Data Science departments. In short, this is an incredibly datalicious role in which you work on hyper personalized data products and help us to deliver on our promise to make the life of our customers better through smarter solutions in an omnichannel environment. As for the setting: we actively promote autonomy and experimenting. Misadventures are learnings to be shared with your colleagues! Speaking of which, at AH Technology you work with the brightest minds in the data, digital and tech domains, so inspiration is never in short supply ...
Current topics and projects include:
- Supporting movement of Retail Data Products on newly developed Data Platform Thor.
- Optimizing our Supply Chain Lifecycle with advanced algorithms to better serve our customers with Products in the store on time.
- A solution for our Store Managers to allow them better data driven decision making and manage their stores and customers needs.
- A solution that helps our Category Managers make data driven decisions that can positively impact our customers.
- Automate further the data ingestions into the enterprise data platform.
- Optimize our Assortment, Price and Promo based on data
These are some of our favorite tools/techniques:
- Microsoft Azure (ADF, DWH, Synapse, Functions)
Dit bieden we jou
The right ingredients for an impactful job
- A competitive annual gross salary up to € 85.000.
- Bonus levels that match your position: an attractive profit-sharing plan, a laptop and smartphone.
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? You’re the end boss!
- Generous retirement benefits (6.2% employee contribution) and discounts on, e.g., insurance.
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam.
- You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community – deep dive into our shared knowledge!
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy ‘to boldly go where no one has gone before’ that typifies scaleups.
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year.
Dit breng je mee
Your contribution to become a Data Driven Organization
- Relevant Masters degree or equal level by experience (e.g. Informatics).
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in professional data environments.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Azure Data factory, Synapse, Databricks, TSQL and Python.
- Proven experience collaborating in and with multi-disciplinary teams .
- Good understanding of Data Science and what it takes to productionize algorithms is a pre.
- Curious, proactive, fast learner able to quickly picking-up new areas and can-do mentality.
- Experience with communicating a technical story towards a non-technical audience would be an asset.
- If you share our passion for food and tech and have a strong desire to help Finance, Merchandising, Stores and Supply Chain with data, that is great!
- If showing the way puts a smile on your face and you want to share & care with colleagues from backgrounds as diverse as the customers we serve, welcome to AH Technology!
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent food shopping for generation Z. And beyond. Please apply with your cv and motivation letter, before August 4. Questions? Eva Kuijer can’t tell a bit from a byte and mistakes ETL / ELT and UX / UI. But she can tell you everything you want to know about this role, via firstname.lastname@example.org.